(Closed) Coral, navy, mint 1940s themed wedding? Advice on coloring

posted 7 years ago in Themes
Post # 18
3256 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
@katiecat08:  Does your Fiance own any suits already?

Post # 21
3256 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@katiecat08:  Well then, he ought to own a navy or charcoal grey suit, so one of those has my vote.  And, honestly with just a best man, I would definitely say, wear a blue or grey suit, and leave it at that.  Matching isn’t an issue, and that lets him get a suit he wants, or wear one he already has.

You could do coral ties, but I wouldn’t, because they won’t have enough contrast with a white shirt, and they really only would work on a white shirt.  You culd easly do a coral shirt, and navy tie, and that would look good with either.  You don’t HAVE to put all the wedding colours in the clothing though.  I think a boutonierre in a coral-like colour, with a white shirt.  With a grey suit, definitely a navy tie.  With a navy suit, burgundy ties ALWAYS look good.  You could do grey.  Yu can also do navy, it’s just a little harder to make it look good because it’s close in colour to the suit.  A navy tie wit a coral dot pattern mght look nice.  Or a white dot pattern wuld work too.  In either case, you could do a coral, or white shirt.  I’d recommend white.

If he wants to wear the navy jacket he has (I think you said it’s navy?) then he should wear it with light grey pants.

Post # 23
3256 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@katiecat08:  If it’s in the budget, I’d opt for a navy or charcoal suit, because that’s useful for job interviews, going to other weddings, etc., after you’re married.  If it’s not in the budget, I think the blazer and slacks will work just fine for your wedding.

Post # 25
507 posts
Busy bee

Oh my. I saw a coral and sage inspiration board and thought it was GORGEOUS. I think it helped that the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses were sage (easier to find than a really great coral). The flowers were peachy and accents sage…so pretty. I have a gold peachy wedding and am having my girls go in peach. BUT I am looking forward to having some green in the centerpieces and flowers!

Not a fan of navy…that is largely just me though

Post # 26
507 posts
Busy bee

Oh and gray/charcoal look fantastic with peachy colors!

The topic ‘Coral, navy, mint 1940s themed wedding? Advice on coloring’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors