(Closed) Cost for BM Shoes? Over $100?

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
  • poll: Is $100+ too much to spend on BM shoes?
    Yes : (6 votes)
    100 %
    No : (0 votes)
    Depends (clarify below!) : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    5890 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: May 2012

she’s asking your opinion, so give it to her.  she probably realizes the price is a lot and that’s why she’s feeling you out.  i’d say they are fine, but you think you can do a lot better for the price, or something like that.

Post # 4
    3968 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

I would talk to her/email her whatever works best, saying you were really glad that she tried to keep the DB dresses on a budget, but unfortunately, the shoes are out of your budget, that you really aren’t in a position to spend more than X on shoes, that you look forward to future ideas! It’s the best I can think of 🙁

Post # 6
    5890 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: May 2012

i wouldn’t give her the option of working with that price point. if you aren’t going to be able to afford that much on shoes, it doesn’t matter how nice they are, right?  you don’t want to give her the impression that the budget she’s set is fine, but you just don’t like these particular shoes.

Post # 7
    682 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I would try to find something that looks similar to the ones she sent you but in a better price range- I’m sure you are not the only Bridesmaid or Best Man that feels that way- I think asking anyone to pay $100 for shoes is crazy… Try 6pm.com that’s where we got the shoes for the wedding I was in this past summer   Good luck    and seriously be honest with her about your financial situation and I’m sure she will be fine with it- no bride should want to burden her bridesmaids

The topic ‘Cost for BM Shoes? Over $100?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors