(Closed) Cost of chair covers & are they worth it?

posted 6 years ago in Decor
  • poll: Did you use chair covers?
    We used chair covers and I think they were worth it. : (37 votes)
    29 %
    We used chair covers and I don't think they were worth the splurge. : (2 votes)
    2 %
    We're using chivari chairs or some other rented chairs. : (29 votes)
    23 %
    We're not using chair covers or chivari chairs. : (59 votes)
    46 %
  • Post # 3
    1715 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

We got a great deal at 99cents each and cant wait to use them. My biggest word of advice is shop around and home businesses are sometimes a really good way to go.

Post # 4
    571 posts
    Busy bee

We just were quoted $1.50 per chair, I think that’s a pretty good deal. We are expecting 150 guests.

Post # 6
    1715 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

@erinmarie0685:  That was our ladies regular price but we booked in December and she was trying to take as many bookins as possible to get a bigger business growth lone so she had a great deal going. One local shop quoted us 5.50$ which was rediculous.

Post # 7
    1962 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@naturalysam:  Wow! I’ve never seen covers that cheap! 

@sunflowergyrl:  If you can’t find chair covers at a reasonable price you can always look into alternatives. We’re thinking of using wallpaper as covers if I can find rolls cheap enough. It would look like this:

Photo is from the Martha Stewart Weddings website.

Post # 8
    2866 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I hate chair covers and won’t be using them. We are having an outdoor ceremony and reception and using beautiful white garden chairs. 

Post # 9
    71 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I wasnt going to use chair covers at first then the hall decorator showed me how much of a difference they would make with the decorations I came up with. Right now theyre $1.50 a chair (for 100 people). Im thinking about bartering with her. I wont need my decorations (vases, silk flowers, draping) after the wedding so Im keeping all receipts and I’ll ask her if she wants to take them off my hands for dropping the price of the chair covers.

Post # 10
    10288 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2011

We weren’t going to have chair covers since paying the $6 a pop was MUCH too expensive but our venue ended up throwing them in for free. The chairs were nice and would have been fine but our venue coordinator (who I LOVE) felt that the chair covers tied the room together better. Can’t argue with an almost $500 savings!

As for whether or not they’re worth it, that really depends on how the chairs look. If they’re relatively new, neutral and in good shape then you should be able to get away without any covers. If they’re ratty with stains all over the seats and in an obnoxious color that doesn’t match your wedding décor then opting for covers is the way to go. 

Post # 11
    Bee
    1902 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012 - Franklin Plaza

We’re doing chair covers. I know it seems like a silly expense, but I seriously hated the chairs at our venue (they are so beat up…) and I couldn’t afford chivari chairs. We’re getting covers for $2 a piece.

Post # 12
    10367 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

I actually really don’t like the way chair covers look – it’s a sea of white polyester that really overwhelms any space. I’d go with simple chairs (there are nice chairs other than chiacari if you don’t want those particular ones).

Post # 13
    544 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

We are going to use chair covers, simply because my venue’s banquet chairs look like they belong in a pizza shop, and it’s worth it to me to have covered chairs in my pictures than pizza shop chairs.

We’re purchasing ours through linentablecloths.com. I was extremely happy with the quality of their chair covers at the price. We got lucky because our venue is just starting to re-establish themselves as a wedding venue again and have agreed to trade beer and wine for the chair covers, so it takes away our hassle of having to get rid of 200 chair covers after the event. Although, several of the catering companies we got quotes from offered to purchase them after the event as well.

If not for the factors listed above, we probably would have rented the white padded wedding chairs from a local rental company ($2.50/per) instead of chair covers, but logistically and budgetarily it made more sense to go with chair covers.

Post # 14
    964 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Ours are $3 including the sash. It just makes it look cohesive for the venue and now I don’t have to do pew decorations either (will use for both ceremony and reception)

Post # 14
    996 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2009

We used them. They were $2.75 each which IMO is absurd but they were needed to cover “dusty rose” reception chairs. We even had to pick them up, put them on, and return them. I often joke that renting chair covers would be a great side business.

Post # 15
    842 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

We’re going with chair covers because the chairs our venue offers are extremely ugly and green and black.  Our colors are blue and white, so we will have white chair covers, and white linens with a sheer blue overlay.  So no sea of white, but even if there was, it’s totally better than a sea of dark green. 

The topic ‘Cost of chair covers & are they worth it?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors