(Closed) Cost of Hair & Makeup (NJ/NY)

posted 10 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Hair will be $80 for me and $60 for my bridesmaids.  Im still working on makeup.  It seems it will be between $125 – $400 for me (not including trial) and $80 – $150 for my bridesmaids.

Post # 4
273 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2008

I hired two people for my wedding day

Makeup & Hair for Me, and just makeup for my 4 girls was $550 plus $100 for my trial run (Sachiko)

Hair for my 4 girls was $200 (Sissi Chan)

Post # 5
153 posts
Blushing bee

I booked Tricia Catenaro for my make up.  This is a quote I got I got from her (It might be last years prices though)

Makeup

Makeup Application: $125 (1 attendant)
Makeup Application: $85 (2, 3, 4 attendant)
Makeup Application: $75 (5 or more attendants- does not include flower girls)
Makeup Trial: $35 at my location (Hoboken, NJ)
Makeup Trial: $75 at your location (to be discussed regarding travel)
False Eyelash Application: $20 (Blumabeauty supplies lashes)
Eyes Only: $45 (includes mascara, eyeliner and shadow)
Light Application:$35 for 15 minutes of lightly applied makeup
Tattoo Coverage: $35 (trial included)
Facial Coverage & light Makeup for Men: $40

Hair

Bridal Up-Do’s: $85-$125 (depending on service, length of hair, etc.) at location of choice
Up-Do Trial: $65 at Bella Dawn Boutique
Blow Out: $45 (long hair or extremely unmanageable hair extra)

Extra Services

Tweezing and Waxing Eyebrows: $12
Lip Waxing: $6

Tricia Catenaro
http://www.blumabeauty.com

I also booked DevenirBridal.com for hair ( I had Gillian for my trial and loved her!)

The cost for a trial is $80 per service, $160 total for hair and make-up.
The day of the wedding is $150 per service for the bride and $85 per service each additional person.  These were lst years prices too

Post # 6
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2008

I booked Mirabella.  I’m paying $250 for my hair and $250 for my make-up.  My hair and make-up trial was $75 each.  Everyone else that she does that Day is $100 for hair and $100 for make-up.  They are awesome.  She has done tons of wedding and the wedding on the Regis and Kelly show.

They also selll veils and headpieces –

http://www.mirabellabridal.com

Post # 8
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2013 - Russo's on the Bay

Hi! I am an a hairstylist based out of Asbury Park, NJ but willing to travel.  I am originally from New York so I am comfortable with various locations. I have  4 years of professional experience and have been in a salon for the last  6. Feel free to contact me with any questions or interest! Congratulations  on your upcoming weddings (or recently completed ) I just went through it and understand how stressful every little bit can be! I’d  love to help and take your mind off worrying about looking beautiful! [email protected]

Sincerely,

Natali

Post # 10
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Hi! 

I’m having two separate women doing hair and makeup that will be traveling to North Jersey for the wedding

For hair, the woman who is my normal hair stylist will be doing myself (Frosine from Salon Cemone in Manalapan NJ), my bridesmaids, mother of groom, my mom, sister and 2 others. She charges for the day so the cost is $1,500 for all services. My Maid/Matron of Honor (one of my sisters) and myself will be taking the bulk of the cost. Do not want my bridesmaids to pay more than $100…am tweaking costs for the others. I also get two hairstyles – one for ceremony and one for the reception and hairstylist will stay for the day which is great .. hope its worth the price though! 

For makeup its a bit more straight forward (http://www.jmmakeupdesigns.com/index2.php#/home/)- 

Airbrush will be used 

$165.00 for myself

$85.00 for all others

$25.00 for false eye lashes 

Trial is: $65.00

These prices don’t include gratuity which I’m trying to figure out now 

Hope this helps! 

The topic ‘Cost of Hair & Makeup (NJ/NY)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors