Post # 31
Our budget includes everything except the honeymoon (would have added $8,000 to the cost but we kept it seperate) and my engagement ring.
1) we are 3 months out and it looks like we will be landing right in the $12,000 area
2)100 guests will be invited, already 40 confirmed before sending invites lol
3)San Diego, California
4)No wedding planner, we do have a coordinator at the venue but she does not “get involved” until 30 days before the wedding so all planning is on us.
Post # 32
1) My parents paid for my dress and the wedding, which was about $90000 total. My dress was around $4000.
2) 140 and 120 came.
3) A 4.5 star hotel in downtown Washington, DC
4) Yes but she was a day of coordinator. My sister was recently married so we used some of her vendors, but also knew what to do. I used a check list from weddingwire.com. We also had a hotel coordintor who helped some.
Post # 33
1) How much did/does your wedding cost: We spent about 10K inclusive of rings and dress, but excluding honeymoon (which was probably another 6-7K). The most important things to us were amazing food and free flowing booze. We had a brunch reception so that kept costs low, and then had everyone back to our house to keep the party going.
2) How many people were invited? We invited 70 and ended up with 62.
3) Where did your wedding take place: At an awesome restaurant in the Boston area.
4) Did you hire a wedding planner: As the day got closer and I started to panic a little, we hired a DOC. We found her SUPER cheap ($250!!!!) as she was just starting up her business & was looking for people to provide her with good reviews. It was, by far, the best money I spent.
Post # 34
1) How much did/does your wedding cost (not including engagement rings, wedding bands, and wedding dress)? 11K
2) How many people were invited? about 115
3) Where did your wedding take place (country, metropolitan area, suburbs, etc…) Washington DC in Georgetown and the Navy Yard
4) Did you hire a wedding planner (cost included in question #1). Only for the day of.
I got married in 2003, so prices are higher now. We saved a lot of money on the reception becuase the venue we used gave government employee discounts. I think we paid $27/psn for a three course meal. We did not have a cash bar.
Post # 35
How much did/does your wedding cost (not including engagement rings, wedding bands and wedding dress)? Somewhere around 85K.
How many people were invited? We sent out invitations for 550 people and somewhere near 500 showed up.
Where did your wedding take place (country, metropolitan area, suburbs, etc…) Los Angeles, CA
Did you hire a wedding planner (cost included in question #1). Nope! Event was planned by yours truly. Our hall had a coordinator and that’s all I needed.
Post # 36
We will end up around $80K for ~250 guests in the suburbs of Detroit. Not counting bridal party gifts, attire, rings, honeymoon. Everything paid for by my parents, as per our cultural tradition. I thought we could do everything for $30K when we started planning but that was way off. Biggest cost is venue/food as well as accomodations for out of town family members. We don’t have a wedding planner. Dad and I are doing most of the work thus far.
Post # 37
1) How much did/does your wedding cost (not including engagement rings, wedding bands, and wedding dress)? Over $15
2) How many people were invited? 150
3) Where did your wedding take place (country, metropolitan area, suburbs, etc…) Tybee Island, GA at the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel
4) Did you hire a wedding planner (cost included in question #1). Nope 🙂
Post # 38
Just a warning… Others mentioned to plan for people not showing… We had zero “no’s” literally everyone came. Our chef asked for total number 10 days before. Along the way we just planned on everyone coming..I am glad we did!
Post # 39
We spent around $50k out of pocket (not including rings, dress, honeymoon – and I’m sure there are misc items I’m forgetting to include) for a little over 200 people. Our invite list was 350, and I think final headcount was around 206 or something like that? We’re east coast, resort area. As a wedding vendor myself, I did save quite a bit of money just from other vendor connections.
One of my childhood friends is a fellow wedding vendor, with an event rental company. We paid cost for things that needed to be rented/purchased (like linens & candles) but everything else she keeps in stock (decor items, chivari chairs, etc) we were welcome to use no charge. Our itemized bill with her would have been around $20k in rentals, and I think we paid around $3k (that 3k is included in our 50k total spent). Other little things helped us save, like our officiant being free because we work together all the time. I traded my services with a few vendors as well. For example, my cake lady took the price of my cake and we applied it towards a wedding package for her son’s wedding (around $800).
Post # 40
- Wedding: Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception/The Gallery
1) How much did/does your wedding cost (not including engagement rings, wedding bands, and wedding dress)? We’re estimating about 55k, including the honeymoon but excluding the above costs.
2) How many people were invited? Our invite list will be about 175, we’re hoping to have about 150 or so attend.
3) Where did your wedding take place (country, metropolitan area, suburbs, etc…) Downtown Kansas City, MO.
4) Did you hire a wedding planner (cost included in question #1). Yes, we hired a “partial” planner (more or less month-of, plus advance consultation and design help). She charges $1500 for this service. Best decision I’ve made.
Post # 41
1) Around £25k (which is about 37.5k US).
2) 62 to the day, 27 to the evening. 59 attended the day (61 including us) and another 15 attended in the evening.
3) 5* hotel in the middle of a medium-sized town in Berkshire, UK.
4) No. However, there was an events co-ordinator at our venue who handled the running of the day. I didn’t feel we needed one, and I’m also quite fussy and a bit of a control freak so wouldn’t have liked handing major decisions like photography, venue, food etc to a third party; I wanted to do all that research myself.
Post # 42
Our wedding was roughly $25k for just the wedding venue and stuff.
Invited 165, 135 attended
Took place in Temecula, CA at a well known venue in the area, high demand=higher price.
No wedding planner, DOC from the venue was supplied.
Post # 43
Thanks, ladies! My SO and I want small wedding (50guests). and we are in a metropolitan city in which everything is more expensive. Our budget for everything except dress/rings/honeymoon is $10k, but willing to go to max $15k if need be. It’s helpful to know some of you have been able to pull off ~50 guest wedding for about that price.
Post # 44
I was looking at the temecula wineries last night and they are so beautiful!!
and to all bees, did you pay for the hotel rooms for your guests or did they?
Post # 45
You should check some of them out, they have pretty good deals if you want a smaller wedding. Don’t let their websites or pricing online scare you. They all have specials/deals and the owners of the wineries out here are great. To answer your newest question, no we didn’t pay for lodging. Nobody in my family has ever covered that cost for us so we didn’t either.