- 5 years ago
- Wedding: May 2013
I just got off the phone with Costco again (4th convo in the past 3 weeks) and I am definite that we will NOT be ordering our flowers from there! Just thought I’d pass along what happened in case you are thinking of ordering from there.
– First convo – in store: I went to the floral counter to put in a special order. First thing that flagged for me was that the girl was kinda odd/pushy and took a couple personal calls while I was there. But whatevs, we put the order in for 300 flowers in two different colours. She told me that since the flowers arent always available, that I had to pick “2nd choice” for flowers also. So I picked two similar flowers in the colours I want (green and white).
– The next day when I got home, there’s a voicemail saying that they couldn’t get any of the green flowers at all so I had to pick an entirely different colour.
– I called them back the following day and spoke to a different girl who told me that there had been a mix up and that the warehouse thought I wanted sprayed green flowers (like they do on st. paddy’s day) which are no longer available. When I told her that I wanted natural green ones, she said no problem, and they put in my order. I asked her if I should call back in a couple weeks to confirm and she said no it was fine and they would let me know if there was a problem.
– So, over the past couple weeks our RSVPs came back with more people coming than expected so we had to add to our flower order to cover the extra centerpieces. So when I called them today to inquire about adding to our order, I spoke to the same girl who placed my original order.
– First off she accuses me of not calling her back, and then again tells me that the green flowers aren’t available. So I told her that I did call back and that the other girl sorted it out and that they are ordering the natural green. She cuts me off and argues that no, those arent avaialable either. Wha?!? So we went back and forth a bit about what was going on until finally I’m like “Well someone from your department told me that everything was okay, so if you’re telling me its not again, then could you at least check the warehouse and find out whats going on?”
– So about half hour later she calls me back and tells me that I CAN order the natural green flowers BUT they won’t know if they can get them until 2 days before I pick them up (3 days before the wedding!) so I’ll need to choose a 3rd option as a back-up.
I was trying to keep this short so I may have missed some details but long story short, I no longer trust that I’ll be getting any flowers from them at all so I’m going to look for flowers elsewhere. I was recommended going to costco because they’re prices are so much better but I’d rather pay extra for the piece of mind.