(Closed) could i be pregnant?!

posted 7 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
Member
1993 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@young.bride:@young.bride:  Anytime you have unprotected sex, there is a chance you can be pregnant.  No one can tell you if you are or are not pregnant.  Only a test can do that. 

Just to note, please be respectful of the Babies board.  It’s a community of Mothers and women who are trying to get pregnant and are supportive of each other in the process, which is sometimes a long and difficult process. It is not a place for random questions that could be answered in a junior high Sex Ed class.  Sorry if that sounds harsh, but there are other forums for juvenile questions such as this. 

Post # 5
Member
1993 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@young.bride:  There are many factors that come into play, such as where you are in your cycle.  You may want to google the process of what is actually involved in becoming pregnant.  And also see how that matches where you were in your cycle, i.e., if you had ovulated yet or not.  Without that cycle knowledge, which it does not appear from your original post that you may have, it’s anyone’s guess, so just do your research and figure out the possibilities based on your cycle. 

Post # 6
Member
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

@young.bride: don’t feel bad, when i was new to the boards it took me a while to be able to navigate everything as well.

you could maybe post questions like this in wellness? or the lounge?

welcome to the bee. 🙂

Post # 7
Member
7777 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Please, please don’t take this the wrong way. I promise I am really not trying to be rude.

It sounds like you are very young but I’m sure you know that unprotected sexual contact can lead to pregnancy. If you are really that scared of becoming pregnant, you need to take the mature and responsible steps to preventing it. If you are mature enough to get married and have sex, then you are mature enough to have the common sense to use protection.

Welcome to the bee, by the way. A little bit of a harsh reception, but we’re really very friendly people.

Post # 8
Member
1993 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@zippylef:  Sorry if I sounded harsh.  I was just literally baffled by the question. And proceeding with caution because of very few posts + very baffling question…

 

@young.bride:  I agree with PP, you may want to post such questions in wellness or the lounge.  And I also second Zippylef’s post, You appear to be very young, but you should know you can become pregnant without protection.  And again, if you have questions about the process of getting pregnant, and all the things that it takes, then I recommend trying to google information on it, or try medical websites such as Mayo Clinic. 

Post # 9
Member
1212 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

It only takes one single sperm to get pregnant, and they are fantastic swimmers, even in tiny amounts of fluid, so yes, if a penis that has recently ejaculated or a finger that has recently touched semen, comes in contact with your lady parts, you could get pregnant.

If you don’t want to get pregnant you have 2 options, either don’t have sex, or use contraception. I’d reccomend that you make an appointment to take to your doctor or a sexual health nurse about contraceptive options, and to revise the menstral cycle and the actual play-by-play of conception, so you can make informed decisions about your sexual activities.

Its probably a good idea for your fiance and you to go together so you are both knowledgeable able each others sexual health and pregnancy and contraception options.

When my fiance and I decided to have sex (back before we were engaged) We both went to the doctor to get my perscription for the pill, and it was a great opportunity to ask questions and share our thoughts on what we’d do if we accidentally got pregnant.

If you are waiting untill you are married for religious reasons you may also find it helpful to talk with your priest/minister about ways to strengthen your resolve to wait.

I hope that was helpful! Welcome to the hive!

Post # 11
Member
1766 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

If you are absolutely sure that you ovulated a week before you had unprotected sex (Btw. how do you know? Are you charting?), then I’d say there is a 99% chance that you are not pregnant. 1% because maybe you did ovulate later than you think or you ovulated twice this month.

Post # 12
Member
1212 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@young.bride: Eggs only last about 24 hours after ovulation, so if you are SURE you ovulated then, and you are SURE you haven’t ovulated since, then sounds like you most likely will not be pregnant.

It does sound like though, that the two of you aren’t 100% clear on if you are or aren’t waiting till marriage. Either have safe sex with contraception and enjoy it, or don’t have sex and wait until marriage. Being halfway inbetween is no fun because you won’t even enjoy the sex because you’ll be so worried about getting pregnant! Sex is supposed to be fun, not stressful! 🙂

Post # 13
Member
7777 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@young.bride: An egg only lives in the uterus for 12-24 hours after ovulation. This time, you got lucky and the chances of you getting pregnant are decently slim.

Next time, please go buy some condoms before you fool around. Spending $10 on some trojans is better than hundreds of thousands over the next 18 years. Or, go to a nearby Planned Parenthood. When I was 18, I got free BC pills from them.

AND, next time your man tells you he’s just going to put the head in or he just wants to stick it in but he won’t move or he’ll pull out… remember that you can still get pregnant from that and tell him no. A couple seconds, minutes… doesn’t matter. Sperm are strong and live for days in the vagina.

Post # 14
Member
560 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

It’s interesting to me that you and your SO are waiting until you are married to “have sex” To me, if he put his penis into your vaginal, well to me that’s sex. Doesnt’ matter how long it was in there, or if he ejaculated or not. You are not a virgin and that is sex.

 

 

But to answer your question, yes you could be pregnant, there is always a possibility when you don’t use protection.

Post # 16
Member
1766 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@young.bride: In that case, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.  In any event, you should find out soon enough. You could even take a pregnancy test tomorrow morning, if you don’t want to wait for your period and want to know now.

It might be a really good idea to go and get some protection, or really wait until you are married. If you don’t plan to get pregnant right after your wedding, then getting on protection now would be smart.

The topic ‘could i be pregnant?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors