Post # 1
Was wondering if I could get some advice on a few of the questions I have..
1. My ceremony and reception are about 20 minutes apart. There is plenty of free parking at both. Do I need to provide transportation to and from or will be my guests be okay driving themselves? And if they do, with the invitations do I provide directions to the ceremony, and directions from the ceremony to the reception?
2. My wedding is in my hometown where most of the guests currently live. There are a few relatives and friends coming from out of state. Shoud I still book rooms at a local hotel just in case? What’s a good price?
3. As stated before very few people will be staying at a hotel but I have heard of people providing a shuttle for those who do for after the reception. I feel like this wouldn’t be worth the money since most people will be going home, and I could never provide transportation to everyone’s houses. If I provide taxi numbers at the bar will that be okay?
Thanks for any feedback, I am just so bad at all of this.
Post # 3
@savealife: Welcome to the Hive!
Our locations are about 20 minutes apart, and around here, there are usually a few towns separating the locations for weddings (lots of rural areas). It’s very common here to just include the address of the ceremony location and then the reception location on your invites (or as a separate page included with them with a mapquest print out of directions for those that you think will need more help). Group transport is something I’ve never seen done around here. I figure that’s more for big cities where parking is a nightmare.
I’d see about what the hotel will offer your a room block rate. I’m not sure what a good deal is in your area (size of town, other hotels, etc) but I usually expect to pay somewhere around $80-110 for a hotel/night. And since most everyone is an adult who will be driving, I don’t think it’s necessary to worry about providing post-reception transport either. They should know when to stop drinking, but having the taxi info there will be very helpful and kind.
Post # 4
1. I think you should provide directions from the ceremony to the reception. You do not NEED to provide transportation though. It is all up to your budget I guess.
2. The price of hotel rooms just depends on where you live. I would call around to see if you can get some hotel blocks but it will depend on how many rooms you will need. I only have about 5 people coming from out of town and the hotel wouldnt do blocks for such a small amount. So I just provided the names and numbers of a few hotels in the area.
3. Again, it is up to you if you have the money to provide transportation then why not. I think providing taxi info is good enough.
Post # 5
Thanks. I will probably just give names and numbers of hotels as well. There will be so few people booking rooms, I don’t think the hotel will even allow it.