(Closed) couple shower of 200+ guests

posted 8 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I think with 200 people, it’s pretty much a party anyways! Is there a way to trim the guest list? 200 people seems unmanageable…whereas 50 is a LOT but still doable. Could there be a few showers? Friends at one, family at another, etc?

Post # 5
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Well, seeing as how 200 people at a shower is bigger than my whole wedding was, besides them obvoiusly being the bride and groom, it’s going to be tough to keep the foucs on them for the most part. With that many people, the guests will inevitably do their own thing. Evne at my shower (30 people), there were guests in the kitchen not even paying attnetion when i opened their gifts and I had to shout over my thanks.

Even if the family is used to having large numbers of people at their functions, what does the bride think is feasible? Not to mention…costs of feeding this many people could be astronomical and really tough to do!

Post # 6
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Is the bride sure all 200 people will be able to attend the wedding?

I am not sure how else to “feature” the bride and groom.  Maybe have a head table that they can sit at?

Post # 7
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

Have you ever heard of a no-wrap shower? People bring their gifts with just a bow or a ribbon (make sure their cards are secure to their gifts) and you display them on a table for allthe guests to check out. This way, the bride and groom don’t have to open gifts all night long, but it still has a bit of a shower feel to it b/c gifts are on display for all of the guests to check out.

Post # 8
1135 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I would suggest gift BINGO only to keep people’s attention on the gift opening, but if the family is that large and used to this large of functions, then opening gifts for a few hours might not seem that odd to them.

What about using the ideas I see as alternatives to receiving lines or like a receiving line? Like having the couple serve the buffet, the cake & ice cream? Or have the couple seated, and have the guests bring the gifts to the couple instead of simply placing them on a table. That way the couple sees each guest and can give a small thank you when the gift is given.

Have you talked to the mother? What are her suggestions? Or the bride? What is she expecting? Maybe there is something she definitely wants or definitely does not. I would ask some of the family what they have done before.

Maybe just have the women view the gift opening and have another activity for the men?

My shower is going to be about 60-80 women strong and if they all had dates (ie. couples shower), that could be between 120 and 160 people. You have to remember that each couple will bring a gift, so you are looking at opening 100 gifts. That’s a little less scary than 200 individual gifts.

The topic ‘couple shower of 200+ guests’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors