(Closed) Court order?

posted 6 years ago in Names
Post # 3
239 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

My guess is you’ll have to pay and apply to change your name legally, since that combo is not one of the “authorized” combos allowd when getting married (at least it isn’t here in Oregon). I changed my name when I was 14, and the court order part was just that a judge had to look at my new name and say that it wasn’t offensive or illegal. On top of that there was a $80-ish fee. This was in Oregon about 10 years ago.

It’s a bit of paperwork and an additional fee, but if you’ve been wanting it your entire life, now’s the time! Changing your name with everyone is a hassle, so only do it once if you can!

The topic ‘Court order?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors