- 8 years ago
- Wedding: August 2011
In the midst of wedding planning, I am also planning a move across the country and the start of law school. All of which are going to stress me out to no end. I just discovered yesterday a little issue in the callendar. Our wedding is going to be Saturday, August 20th. Orientation at my school is Monday and Tuesday August 22/23 with school starting August 24th. I knew it would be close but I thought I had a week in between school and the wedding. Now I am having a minor panic attack (not really but I am freaking out a bit)
The thing that really gets me is that I wanted to enjoy my wedding. I am such a ball of stress that I know that I will be thinking about the fact that we only get one day after the wedding and then we have to jump right back into the real world. We also have been in a LDR for 3 years so I was really looking forward to being together for at least a few days before the strains of work and school kicked back in. We can’t move the wedding up for several reasons (I really want this pastor to marry us and he is on vacation for about a month prior to the wedding and just before that FH’s roommate is getting married so I don’t want to be a jerk and squeeze it in there).
Here is a thought I am having and I wanted to see what the bee’s thought about it. What if FH and I did a courthouse wedding when I get to Wisconsin (which is 3 weeks prior to the wedding) then still did the big wedding on the 20th? This will give us some time to be us but still allow us the big wedding that I really want. At the same time, I don’t know that I want to do it that way. I can’t decide. This is all fresh too since I just found out about the dates yesterday so I might just need a day or too to process it then I can simmer down. I don’t know.
So what do you think? Should I ask FH if he wants to do a little courthouse deal and then a ceremony or should I just process for a bit and relax?