COVID-19 … Wedding in June

posted 6 months ago in June 2020
Post # 2
2283 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2020

I would postpone, but who really knows…

Post # 3
541 posts
Busy bee

Work out what is most important to you – getting married soon or having the wedding you originally planned.

Then talk to your vendors to get an idea of how easy it would be to postpone.

Decide on that basis.  

We’re waiting in the hope that we can still marry in June but we’re more focussed on getting married than having the big wedding, so we can afford to leave it fairly last minute.  If the big party is more important to you, you’ll need to decide earlier, as otherwise you might encounter difficulties in moving vendors to a new date.

Post # 4
451 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
2020mkbride :  hmm talk to the venue coordinators and see how available their calendar is. If they have a lot of events lined up, I’d postpone to the month you’re most comfortable with ASAP. If they don’t have many lined up, you have some time to see how things play out.

Post # 5
4459 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

View original reply
queenbre :  This.  The public health professionals I know are not optimistic that we will be back to normal by then.  I would postpose and get a later date that you’re happy with.  Sorry that you’re going through this 🙁 

Post # 7
541 posts
Busy bee

Do whatever is right for you and your fiance.  There is no ‘right’ answer except what works for you.

Post # 9
187 posts
Blushing bee

We are holding out hope for our June 27 wedding, but also being realistic that it may not happen. Our venue was nice enough to put a hold on the last Saturday they have left for next June as a backup plan.

We truly don’t want to  postpone that long but it’s not the end of the world. We already live together and we aren’t planning on having kids so there really is no rush.

Post # 10
90 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@2020mkbride:  what did you end up doing here? 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors