Post # 16
Definitely get a new venue. My venues been extremely accommodating. They’re letting me move to a Saturday from a Friday with no upcharge and I’ll only be charged for the guests that are there. Their policy all along has been “it’s okay not to pay us until you’re sure and comfortable with your decision”. I technically owed them my venue fee in March for June and now I’d owe in July for September, but they don’t want me to pay until I know I can actually have the wedding.
Post # 17
- Wedding: May 2019 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
Yeah, no way, OP. This is more about this venue being absolutely terrible and offering awful customer service. Cut your losses with them and don’t think your only options are a small chapel wedding or paying for 250 guests at a super premium rate two years in the future.
Do not give them another dime or any of your business.
Post # 18
ugh this is a hard one!
Originally I had my wedding planned for July 2020 and postponed for July 2021,but I’m not even sure that conditions will be safe enough for our 130 guests(we decided to secretly go to the court house because we didn’t want to hold ourselves back in case next year is no better).
There are rumors that COVID will “disappear” after the November elections are over but that’s conspiracy.
Either way, I’m not sure Jan 2021 is far away enough to safely host a large gathering. Maybe consider moving it to late next year, unless you are particular on the date?
Post # 19
Thanks so much for your insight Kate! This is very helpful. Yeah, the venue is such a pain..I can only guess that they will be as much of a pain if not more if we are locked down with them as a venue. :/
Post # 20
Thank you! We will most likely go this route. Appreciate you!
Post # 21
Totally agree with this. OP, your venue is being rather unflexible, and I would consider a different one. You could then adjust to a Saturday date of your liking, and not two years out.
I can’t believe they’re locking you into 250 guests before you’ve even made your deposit… is that a minimum requirement? They may not even be able to have that many people on premises by that time due to capacity restrictions. If you stay with the venue, I would push back hard and pay either the minimum food/beverage amount or an amount proportional to the number of guests. They’re walking all over you.
Post # 22
I’ve paid the deposit already, but the first payment is coming up next month. Given all the great feedkback, we’ll try to neogitaite some more and if it’s not successful, we shall cut our losses for now! Yes, the venus has been a major pain. They are not willing to take any loss but are fine with us doign so. T.T