Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

i do it all the time… it’s mindless

(and my mom yells at me for it!)

Post # 18
    451 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

Both my Fiance and I do it all.the.time. It’s terrible haha. When one is particularly loud, we give each other high fives! haha.

His grandmother HATES it. when I first met her, I forgot, and she swatted at me when I cracked one of my knuckles.

Post # 19
    6995 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

I have never once cracked my knuckles haha -the thought of it is terrifying.

Post # 20
    1676 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I crack my knuckles all the time, but I try not to in a quiet room, around people I don’t know well, etc. I hate feeling like I need to crack them and waiting though. 

Post # 21
    71 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I crack my knuckles constantly and everytime in in the classroom working with kids (3-5yrs) they are quick to inform me “youre not supposed to do that” so I have to resist the urge around them.

Post # 22
    1423 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
    @Leland:  If done over and over again, professionally or not, it ups the risk. So, so, so many doctors have told Fiance this since he cracks his neck like it’s going out of style.

Post # 23
    1237 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I crack everything all the time. I’m not comfortable unless I do it! Knuckles, wrists, elbows, shoulders, back, hips, knees, ankles, and toes. It feels SO good. I do attempt to crack my neck as well but it doesn’t really happen anymore so I just stretch it which still feels good

Post # 24
    10283 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2011

My grandmother used to yell at me whenever I’d crack my knuckles in her presence. She’d day that I’ll never be able to wear her rings that I inherit because my knuckles will be sooooo massive. *eye roll*

I crack pretty much every part of my body that’s crackable. Knuckles, toes, ankles, neck, back… you name it, I crack it. It’s sweet relief!

Post # 25
    1108 posts
    Bumble bee

A close friend hates the sound of cracking knuckles, and threatens to duct tape my hands together if I forget and crack them around her.

Apparently Fiance doesn’t like it either, and I’ve done it since before I even knew him.  He didn’t tell me until last week (7 years later…).  He cracks his toes, though, so he can’t complain too much… 

Post # 26
    2606 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2009

Ugh.  It’s SO GROSS.  If you want to/need to crack your fingers/toes, you shouldn’t do it by pressing on them.  You should grasp the finger with your other hand and pull outwards. You’ll get the same crack and release of the joint without compressing the joint.  That’s what I’ve heard from several chiros, anyway.  

ETA: I don’t crack body parts (not intentionally, anyway), but my DH does All. The. Time.  Used to drive me nuts, but I guess now I’ve gotten immune to the sounds it makes.  

Post # 27
    1237 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    @Miss Apricot:  I haaaaate doing it that way haha I don’t get the same satisfaction and a lot of times I can’t even get them to pop that way. 

Post # 28
    7288 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2011

I heard the popping noise just from reading the thread title…..ahhhh!

Post # 29
    11267 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

no.  i cringe at the sound of cracking knuckles.  it’s like nails down a chalkboard.  that’s just a weird quirk i guess.

Post # 30
    1423 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
    @Miss Apricot:  Ugh, that way is so painful and doesn’t even work for me. That method grosses me out so much.

Post # 31
    10846 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

My toes and elbows crack a lot. So do my hips sometimes. DH cracks his knuckles a lot (even in his sleep) and it makes me NUTS.

The topic ‘Cracking knuckles’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors