Post # 1
I didn’t think this would happen to me. Planning has been going well and has been stress-free, but last night at dinner while talking to my Fiance about my dress being altered must have spilled into my subconscious last night.
In my dream:
– I was getting married in a giant church (I’m Jewish)
– All of the guests showed up 5 hours early and were just hanging around while I was still getting ready and roaming around wearing a puffy long-sleeved pink and white lace dress that hadn’t yet been altered and was falling off of me.
– I kept screaming for someone to bring me champagne.
– My bridal party was nowhere to be found.
– My day-of coordinator was nowhere to be found.
– I ran into my “fiance” who was a totally different guy in my dream, asking him why everyone was five hours early.
– Bitchy girls from my high school showed up and made snarky comments about my dress, so I pushed one of them down the stairs.
– I had forgotten my anxiety medication back in my hotel room and was going to have a panic attack before the ceremony, so I asked someone to run back and get it for me, but no one would.
– People kept telling me that my seamstress was in “room 3” and that I’d find her there, so of course, most of the dream was spent finding this place.
– People kept handing me glasses of champagne (a fear of mine is to be drunk at my wedding and act like an idiot).
– I finally found Room 3! It was a maze of twists and turns, but there were 3 women in my room who were all my seamstresses and there were several wedding dresses on the bed! All ends well! I then woke up from my alarm. 😀
Post # 2
- Wedding: September 2015 - Hotel Ballroom
Thats quite the anxiety dream!
Mine were routed in the fact that my estranged family were NOT invited. I kept dreaming that my narcissistic/abusive Mother somehow found out where/when my wedding was, showed up and made a scene, or found creative ways to ruin the wedding.
Now that I’m pregnant with baby #1, the dreams have come back…only now it’s her causing harm to my child/kidnapping my child/making my life hell.
Post # 3
Wow, do we have the same mother? I had similar fears for awhile. I hope that you can find some peace, especially with a little one on the way.
Post # 4
I fell asleep on the couch after a day of (very stressful) dress shopping. I dreamed that I didn’t buy the dress I really wanted and that my dad thought I looked horrible in it even though I told him I didn’t want this dress.
Apparently I was talking in my sleep and saying “I tried, I really did” “I looked everywhere” and woke up in tears.
Post # 5
I keep having the same dream – that it’s the day of and nothing is done other than having a ceremony site booked. I show up to the altar in my regular clothes and no makeup on and cry to my Fiance that I forgot to book the MUA, photographer, caterer, etc.
Post # 6
I have had a lot of wedding anxiety dreams throughout my wedding planning process.
One involved me having to plunge a clogged toilet at our reception.
Another was that I forgot to paint my toenails.
Another involved having a bunch of family and friends show up early and we had to feed them food from a schoolhouse cafeteria.
I havent even been that stressed about wedding planning until now (1 month out) but for some reason I have had these crazy dreams the whole time!
Post # 7
I let my bridesmaids choose their own dresses, and felt very uncomfortable dictating what people should wear. I literally told them a general colour scheme and they went wild, which consciously I was happy with, but I guess my subconscious was freaking out because I had a dream that on the day of the wedding my bridesmaids arrived and they were all dressed as cowgirls (the full outfit – pigtails, hats, boots, fringe shirts).
I was proud of the way my dream-self handled it (“As long as you’re all happy with your outfits it’s fine!”) but my dream self also had a complete panic attack about it in private. When I woke up the first thing I did was message my bridesmaids to tell them about it 😀
I also had a lot of dreams about last minute things that I hadn’t decided (about to walk down the aisle but I forgot what song we wanted, just said our vows but forgot to buy rings etc.)
Post # 8
LOL I’m glad I’m not the only one! Most have been just showing up to my wedding but not being prepared… I also have had one where I was really fat on the day before my wedding and stressing that I only had one day to lose a bunch of weight… (I’ve been struggling on and off with trying to “slim down” before my wedding and just not caring… it’s now one month away and I’m the same weight I was a year and a half ago when I bought my dress. Oh well)
the weirdest though was definitely that my brother punched my sister in the face out of nowhere, and so I called off the wedding even though everyone was already there. I was trying to find my fiancé to tell him, and when I finally found him he was a totally different person than my fiancé in real life.
Post # 9
I dreamt that somehow I was drugged or something and married my FI’s friend and nobody would help me annul the marriage and marry the right guy because it was the wrong thing to do. And Fiance just thought it was funny when I woke up the next day and found out what happened. So I was stuck married to the wrong guy.