- 8 years ago
I spent hours and hours trying to figure out how to ensure that I got lots of really creative and different photos for my wedding album. Sure, I still wanted some of the traditional stuff and candids, but sometimes the best candids are really when you are attempting to pose and then something funny and/or unexpected happens. Sure, not every “creative” idea works out, but overall, I was very pleased with the diversity of photos I ended up with.
Here were some of my ideas:
1. Groomsmen v. Bridesmaid Tug-of-War
2. Parasols as props (be careful though, I gave my Maid/Matron of Honor a black eye by accident when I turned a hit her in the face…oops!)
3. Use different height levels: i.e. have groom crouch down while GMs are standing, get down on the ground on stomachs with the entire wedding party or just B&G, bride sitting in the grass, have the bride sitting on a ledge or something where she is higher than groom, wedding party on stairs with B&G in foreground
4. Running with a scarf so dress blows behind me
5. Lying on the bed with BMs and by myself
6. Use a piano as a prop (I got more compliments on the piano pictures than any others in my collection)
7. GMs holding Bride…. but be sure that bride’s body is facing the camera (i.e. the guys should hold your hips, not your butt. This makes for a much better picture. However, be careful not to inadvertently stab the groom with his boutonniere pin (as I did with my groom, now you can see why his face is all contorted…. but we laughed so hard that I had to include it anyway)
8. Wedding Party sitting around talking and sitting “scandalized”
9. Mix up the traditional posed wedding party pictures by mixing up the BMs and GMs so its boy-girl-boy-girl instead of boy-boy-boy… girl-girl-girl….it makes it more visually interesting.
Hope you find this helpful! Congrats on your wedding!
P.S. I did give me photographer a checklist of my “creative” ideas so we didn’t forget anything
[attachment=1087879,136284] [attachment=1087879,136285] [attachment=1087879,136286] [attachment=1087879,136287] [attachment=1087879,136288] [attachment=1087879,136289]