Post # 1
- Wedding: November 2015 - none yet
I am writting a post in hopes that I can get some helpful ideas for a creepy wedding theme. I don’t want anything kitchy like rubber rats or the normal Halloween type decorations. So far we have come up with the idea to have placed at the tables cards with mini-horror mysteries. I think the wedding invites we are going to use are brown with what is currently white lace pockets but I was thinking of dyeing them black. Our colors we’ve decided on are dark red, black, and silver. I know its a stretch to try a to do a creepy yet classy wedding. I just don’t want the silliness of rubber rats and fake spiderwebs.
Post # 2
I found this…maybe you could get some ideas from her Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/jencmar/dark-wedding-ideas/
Post # 3
I assume the word do is somewhere…
Post # 4
I dont celebrate Halloween, but your post made me think of a wedding cake show I saw and I want to say there was a skull as the topper with cobwebs, I could not tell you the episode, but a woman did it…oh I dont celebrate Halloween, But the fun you will have with the cake.
Post # 5
How about a Mary-Kate Olsen and Olivier Sarkozy-themed wedding? It will be the creepiest ever.
Post # 7
I found a skull-shaped cake on Pinterest the other day that I’m pretty sure I want to try to use in our wedding. We don’t want a strictly themed wedding, but I feel like the skull cake is pretty relevant to our tastes.
Post # 8
You could do a vampire sorta theme where it back in the day Gothic style , like the old Dracula age with mostly candelabras around the room for decor instead of tons of flowers
Post # 9
Google dark romance wedding and check out the images. It sounds like that’s what you’re going for.
Post # 11
The cake on the weddingpaperdiva blog or under the dark romance search reminds me of the cake I was talkig about, except it was white frosting with black cobwebs a skull as the topper and roses.
Post # 12
Your post immediately brought to mind the works of Edward Gorey. He’s got the creep factor but in a wry, classy way.
I found a couple Gorey inspired weddings on Offbeat Bride:
And a collection of wedding themed drawings he did:
It would definitely be unique and non-cheesy!
Post # 13
Offbeatbride is a great blog for “different” weddings, you might find some good ideas on there.
Post # 14
- Wedding: November 2015 - none yet
Wow, I have to admit that I am surprised by the response! I thought it would take like a week just to get one responses. Thank you everyone who answered! I will check out your posts soon. 🙂
Post # 15
I don’t have pictures on my work comp, but these are the little things we’re doing for our “halloween/dark glamour” wedding on October 25!!!!! We love Halloween but like you said, didn’t want things like rubber rats, etc… I would’ve loved to do something with some pumpkins (soooooo many ideas on pinterest for that) but Fiance said no. We’re in a small ballroom at a golf club and we’re doing things like so…
-bridesmaid dresses: eggplant, long
– white chair covers with black bows
– silver skull heads (sold as place cards at TJ Maxx) for cupcake flavour labels
– our customized cake topper (that she’s now selling to all! lol grrr): https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/205448652/frankenstein-bride-silhouette-wedding?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_promoted_en_ca&utm_campaign=weddings-low&gclid=CNuEocb5rsECFUKCMgodeVEALw
– table numbers: one side says the table and the number (roman numerals since it’s more creepy haha) in a nice glamourous but spooky font, and the other side of the frame has a black and white horror movie icon photo (e.g. Freddy, Poltergeist, Dracula, etc.)
– invites were the hardest… we wanted to convey our theme, but didn’t want it to look too gothic/depressing or like it was a halloween party. this was our huge inspiration: http://www.atelierisabey.com/blog/?p=51 I fell in love with it! Our invites were dark purple, white and black with a damask pattern that if you look closely was actually little haloween details (bats, witches, etc.). everyone loved it!
Just wanted to say that your colour choices sound great but then you mentioned brown invites.. how come brown?
Good luck! 🙂