- 8 years ago
- Wedding: September 2011
Honestly, I’d totally go Silhouette…I’ve got one and am in love with it. Reasons I love it:
- No need to buy cartridges
- If you choose to buy ready made Silhouette designs, they’re cheaper than cartridges and super easy to resize to your needs
- Ability to design your own shapes/cutouts
- It can cut, draw (with a pen attachment), and etch
- Adobe Illustrator plug-in (I’m comfortable in Adobe Illustrator, but the native software that comes with the Silhouette is actually incredibly easy to use)
I’ve cut everything from paper to light fabric to sheet vinyl (for those wall decals) and it’s the best $170 I’ve ever spent…seriously.
The only drawback I can think of is the cutting mats are thin, but you still get generous use out of each one.
I’m sure whatever you choose will be amazing, but I definitely love that I’m free to design whatever I want on the Silhouette (instead of having cartridges that a lot of other people use as well).