(Closed) Cricut or Silhouette? MakeTheCut & SureCutsAlot don’t support Cricut! Help!

posted 8 years ago in DIY
Post # 17
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Honestly, I’d totally go Silhouette…I’ve got one and am in love with it. Reasons I love it:

• No need to buy cartridges
  • If you choose to buy ready made Silhouette designs, they’re cheaper than cartridges and super easy to resize to your needs
  • Ability to design your own shapes/cutouts
  • It can cut, draw (with a pen attachment), and etch
  • Adobe Illustrator plug-in (I’m comfortable in Adobe Illustrator, but the native software that comes with the Silhouette is actually incredibly easy to use)

I’ve cut everything from paper to light fabric to sheet vinyl (for those wall decals) and it’s the best $170 I’ve ever spent…seriously.

The only drawback I can think of is the cutting mats are thin, but you still get generous use out of each one.

I’m sure whatever you choose will be amazing, but I definitely love that I’m free to design whatever I want on the Silhouette (instead of having cartridges that a lot of other people use as well).

Post # 18
829 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’m looking into buying a Silhouette because it seems SO cool, but I have a few questions.

So, from reading on here/online it looks like you use the program it comes with to set up your design, or you can use Adobe

Post # 19
306 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

There is a program called Fairy Cuts, its just like Sure Cuts A Lot or Make the Cut, and still works with the cricut!

Post # 20
306 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

well for the next few days…then that one is gone too =( but if you buy it now (i just did) and you dont upgrade, it will work!

The topic ‘Cricut or Silhouette? MakeTheCut & SureCutsAlot don’t support Cricut! Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors