OK, you asked for a critique so here is mine. I just love critiquing things… please don’t think that just because I say something here means it’s true for you. You can ignore whatever you want below!!
Oh, and let me start by saying: I LOVE YOUR INVITATIONS!
OK, here we go:
– THANK YOU for keeping “a lot” two words! 😛
– I think the “husband and wife” is a little too large on the main invite, in comparison to your names. Could you enlarge your names a bit? The “husband and wife” is really aweseome but a little overpowering comared to the important names on there.
Enlarging the names would also help to fill in some of the white space around them (I think you don’t need so much space between your names and the lines of text above and below them)
– This is a personal pet peeve thing, but could you turn the “2013” to read the other direction? So that the “2” is at the bottom? I don’t know how it would look, but I work on construction draiwngs all day long, and if the bottom of the text isn’t paralell with the bottom of the sheet, it is oriented to the right side of the sheet. It’s a natural way for most people to turn a sheet to read it – to the right.
Ok well, it is in my field.
Maybe this is different in Australia, though 😛
– Question – are you really going to print every invitation with a name diractly on it? What if you need to invite a few extra people at the last minute, will you need to print all new cards? I think that is a lot of extra work for you guys (especially because you’ll need to match each invite exactly with the envelopes!) and you may want to think about only addressing on the envelope.
Then you can make your names EVEN BIGGER haha
– I think you might want to explain that the names at the very top are your parents, maybe start with “together with their parents (so and so & so and so)…”
Since I don’t know you, I didn’t realize those were your parents right off the bat (I am skipping that part in my invites, so that’s another reason it took me a minute to get it)
– And, re: “ringing in the new year,” maybe say “After our ceremony, please ring in the new year with us…” with food, etc.
Other than that (I hope I don’t sound too harsh, I am not trying to be AT ALL; critiquing is just a part of my professional training haha) I really do love them!
They are so cute and elegant at the same time, not many people can pull that off!
The colors are fun and the way the sheets are set up is so clean! This suite most likely reflects very well on your personalities, or at least that’s the feeling I get. 🙂
I’d love to get one of these invites in the mail! 🙂