Post # 1
Hey Bees! My wedding is next Friday and while I am getting so excited I am naturally second guessing things and wondering if everyone is going to have a good time. I recently found out that I can no longer have any gluten in my diet so for me eating out has become extremely difficult and picking a wedding menu of things I can’t always taste test was even harder. Here is what we picked, if you were a guest at a wedding that served this would you be satisified??
- Zinfandel braised beef short rib on a chive potato pancake
- Seafood bruschetta – shrip, scallops and crab meat mixed with heirloom tomatoes, basil and garlic on grilled bread
- Tropical bay shrimp shooter with ginger cocktail sauce and diced mango
- Gourmet chicken sausage, sage and cheese stuffed mushrooms
- Carved top sirloin with a rich pearl onion demi and cream horseradish (sauces are on the side)
- Broiled lime marinated chicken breast served with a cilantro cream sauce topped with a fresh tomato, mango, chili and red onion pico de gallo
- Grilled plank vegetables – zucchini, yellow squash, red peppers and onions in a toasted pistachio butter
- Mashed yukon gold potatoes with caramelized onions
- White cheddar jalapeno mac and cheese
- Tossed green salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, zucchini and croutons with either sherry vinaigrette or ranch dressing
They also provide assorted breads as well with dinner. The weather is supposed to be 78 next Friday here in Southern California and our ceremony and reception are outdoors, to me the menu sounds refreshing for a warm even. What does everyone think? I’m open to constructive criticism.
Post # 2
It all sounds great to me! I’m getting hungry now!
Post # 3
There is literally not a thing on your menu that I wouldn’t eat (and I rarely say that.) I usually find chicken at weddings so very….boring but with lime?! and jalepeno mac and cheese?! Uhhhh…where’s my invite! No seriously, I will eat everything. And the braised beef shortribs sound TDF.
Only constructive criticism: Do you have anything for vegetarians? I would be hungry if I was a vegetarian!
Post # 5
Everything sounds delicious!!
Post # 6
we only have one vegetarian guest and she’s good with the pasta the shrimp appetizers veggies and salad. All of our other guests eat meat unless they aren’t telling me something 🙂 we are doing a buffet so everyone gets to choose what they want.
Post # 7
I’m kind of a picky eater and this sounds delicious – I think your guests will love it!
Post # 8
You’ve built a very well balanced menu and that’s not easy!
I especially like the variety of sides you have. I’m always excited to see a variety of interesting sides rather than an additional entree choice and limited sides.
Make sure your caterer is planning plenty of the sides. I went a wedding that had lots of side options but the caterer planned for each guest to choose 1 of the sides. Naturally people were taking several and there wasn’t much left for the later guests. I mean, honestly, who doesn’t expect people to take lots of yummy sides when available. DON’T ASK ME TO CHOOSE BETWEEN CHEESY POTATOES AND BACON MAC! (sorry, I take my sides seriously)
Post # 9
Also was going to suggest something vegetarian (we do get tired of eating just the sides at weddings), but if you already know it won’t be a problem for your guests, then I’d go with what you have. You have a lot of variety and I bet no one will even know that some things are gluten free. Best of luck for great weather!
Post # 10
The chicken sounds absolutely amazing! All my favourite things in one dish!!
Post # 11
Your wedding is perfect and it’s so close, stop worrying about the menu! It looks delicious!
Post # 12
Thanks everyone I feel much better about my menu and can’t wait until Friday!!!
Post # 13
lovely and varied, would probably appeal to most people.
Post # 14
Your menu sounds delicious! Very well-balanced and there isn’t a thing on there that doesn’t sound appealing.
Post # 15
Thanks everyone, I will be sure to let you all know how it turns out after Friday!!