(Closed) CrossFit & Paleo- I am not crazy, but its working

posted 6 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
3175 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Congrats! I’ve heard a lot of people have success with the paleo/crossfit approach. I wish I could afford it lol.

Post # 4
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

Sweet!!!

Post # 5
911 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m doing a paleo type diet too, and I realllly miss my twizzlers and Gummys!!

Post # 6
1697 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

You go! I could never give up carbs! I am only allowing myself fat free yougurt for dairy and not eating red, white or pink meat :0 just seafood for me but I am getting most of my protein from beans. I’m gonna google this paleo diet thing!

Post # 7
7173 posts
Busy Beekeeper

I did Paleo to lose weight for the wedding – 40lbs in 6 months and that’s with more cheats than I’d like to admit.

It DOES get easier, once you settle into a routine with meals you know are clean and you figure out what your body really wants …and you kick the sugar habit.  I used to have the BIGGEST sweet tooth and now, if I really want something, a tiny bit goes a LONG way.

Congrats on your progress thus far!

Post # 8
650 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I too have heard that this works. My one friend wants to try it b/c she has seen so many people have success with it.

Post # 9
2554 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’d love to give the paleo diet a try! I definitely eat way too many carbs (bread, pasta and crackers mostly). I’ll probably do it before our Christmas honeymoon! Good luck!

Post # 10
928 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@sdub2bsben:  Yay! Good for you! I started on Paleo 2 weeks ago and have already dropped a few pounds. Good luck

Post # 11
363 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I’d love to try it, as it sounds like such a good way of eating, but my brain always rebels whenever I try to do anything even remotely restrictive sounding. Does anyone have a link to resources with a more involved description?

Post # 12
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I had excellent results with Paleo for trimming down, congrats!! Keep up the good work =) 

Post # 14
363 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@les105:  Awesome, thanks! The 80/20 rule is generally how I try to eat, so this guy sounds right up my alley.

Post # 16
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I too am doing Crossfit & Paleo. 

I started Crossfit in January and only went to classes 3x a week. Around May I kicked that up to 5x a week.  I found that I lost fat weight and gained muscle weight. It was great but even though I looked toned (arms, legs) I still was the same size.  I hadn’t gone down in pounds (something I think most women are self conscious about).  I knew I was much healthier, but I wanted to see more results. 

In July after trying on and finding the dress, I decided that I had to do something to look great for my big day.  I went home and told my fiance that we were starting Paleo. I’m not going to lie, the first couple of weeks we were both miserable. I loved my sweets, cereal, and pasta.  We decided that a modified Paleo was best for us.  We have our cheat day on Saturday and keep cereal for breakfast usually 2x a week.  I have been dropping pounds this whole time.  In two monthes, I have lost 18 pounds!! My wedding is in one month and I am 2 lbs from my goal weight.  I will finally be back to the size I was 5 years ago, but in much better shape.

The topic ‘CrossFit & Paleo- I am not crazy, but its working’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors