- 6 years ago
- Wedding: July 2011
hi BEES!!! i know this is kinda long overdue…but Tummy and I have been uber busy…
anywaysss…i told many of you that i would order a custom dress off etsy from china. The dress was GORGEOUS online, chiffon, grecian, with sparkle, but not too much. and i was not at all happy with the dress…Almost all the reviews for this seller were positive.( and i am honestly confused…also, my feedback is no where to be found)… But for some reason the experience i had was kinda crappy. the dress is pretty…but not what i thought it would be…
1) the seller wasnt communicating. and when she did, which was few and fat in between, it was like one sentence long responses that totally avoided my questions/requests/concerns. She just assured me that the dress was being made.
2) the seller REFUSED to send me pictures of the dress before it was made.
3) i was told i can get the dress in white. the dress was a yucky yellow ivory. if i wanted ivory, which is what i ended up with anyways i would of asked..but at the the time i asked for white.
4) SIZING WAS ALL WRONG!! too short too big and not at all flattering or made with my measurments. ( i know my own measurments…i am a model, that is kinda important to know…) the dress was too short without my shoes on..a good 3 inches too short but the measurements i gave were with me wearing 4 inch heels…
5) the quality was EH. i wasnt impressed at ALL. the chiffon was gross feeling, it wasnt light and flowey at all like how chiffon is supposed to be…i think its organza instead of chiffon.
6) shipping was a nightmare. and the package came crudially wrapped in tissue paper in a giant manilla envelope.
7) when i complained and asked to return/excahnge ANYHTHING the seller was MIA.
AND NOW, WITHOUT FURTHER ADUE…HERE ARE THE PHOTOS…
also…here is a link to what the dress is supposed to be, except its a custom order for size, and we did a color change and made it full length.