- 4 years ago
- Wedding: March 2014 - A castle
So I’m 100% sure on one thing, I’m getting a custom wedding band made from Schubach’s (they made my e-ring and have the CADs so they will know the clearance needed for a band to sit flush, and plus I *love* all of their work!).
I’ve slept on it for many nights, and I’ve decided that no matter what, my wedding band *must* have purple gemstones. Amethysts are out because they’re too soft, so that leaves purple sapphires (I don’t care for the color of irradiated purple diamonds, too dark and plastic-y looking, IMO). I want the purple stones to be 3mm, so that they stand out.
I also would like to be able to wear the band alone, hence the reason why wanting a more substantial band. Eventually I would probably get a very dainty pave band (maybe for each side) and either switch e-ring to the right hand or wear bands only at work.
Because I am getting this custom made, I feel like my options are endless, and I’m kind of overwhelmed. I would love some help and opinions on this. (I’ve abandoned the OEC bezel band from my previous post because it would be too overwhelming, I think).
Engagement Ring picture for quick reference:
So bare with me here…
1. This is the band I have given the most thought. I wish I was good at photoshop, because what I would like to do is make the large sapphires pictured (3mm) purple, the row of sapphires in the middle diamonds (prob 1 pointers), and eliminate the outer 2 rows of pave diamonds and replace with white gold with delicate milgrain detailing. So basically 4-5 flush mounted sapphires with a diamond ring running through the middle of a white gold band.
2. Option 2 would be as-is, only possibility of milgrain
3. Again, blue sapphires would be purple and prob 3/4 eternity
4. Again, insert purple sapphires (every other)
5. Bezel diamonds would be purple sapphires