Post # 31
so sorry to hear but i would speed up the wedding. i am a non traditional bride… my wedding cost was basically nothing and we had the best wedding at caesars palace LV (we live in cali so it was easy). the wedding was awesome and we ate afterwards at a restaurant separate bills (tacky but i am not made out of money!)… then had a backyard reception closer to home to party with friends in san luis obispo ca!
whatever you decide… you can have a gorgeous wedding… caesars palace was great.. my flowers were paper (from etsy… lasted in heat and forever) and look great … simple is the way to go to speed up the wedding!
small… easy… affordable and then yall can use the cash you saved for more important things like flights/family/travel
people even do surprise parties that turn into weddings now! and its super trendy! you could go or be anywhere as long as a few people you love are around… party later at a reception!
Post # 32
I am so sorry bee. My Mom passed a little over a year ago from lung cancer, three months after my wedding. I would move up the wedding in your shoes. I would have moved heaven and earth to ensure Mom would be there for my wedding.
Post # 33
Oh honey, I am so sad for you. I would absolutely move the wedding up; it doesn’t need to be a huge affair, you could defintely put together an intimate wedding that would be beautiful pretty quickly. If I was around your area I would offer to help you. Just know I’m sending you and your family prayers for strength. xo
Post # 34
I’m sorry about your dad. If you’re already engaged, I think it would be reasonable to create a wedding for the near future so that your dad can be part of it.
If you’re not yet engaged, I’m not sure I’d use this as a reason to push your partner to propose. Getting married is a big deal that you shouldn’t just jump into. I don’t mean to get too much into semantics, but I wasn’t sure if “future husband” meant you were actually engaged.
Post # 35
My Future Father-In-Law was diagnosed with stage 2 prostate cancer at the beginning of 2015. My fiance proposed in June 2015, and we both wanted a longer engagement. Now with the wedding this September, his dad’s cancer is now at stage 4. He had surgery to remove all that needed to be, as well as completing his radiation. We have not considered moving our wedding, but only bc Future Father-In-Law has been taking the treatment very well & seems like his old self. It depends on the person, bc everyone is different. Since your dad does not want to have surgery, it sounds like your best option is to move up the wedding. Best of luck to you!! <3