(Closed) dagen bride 2013 :)

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Hello!

Well,that was quick! The first dress you tried, my goodness! It was the ………. I don’t know, the 50th dress I tried, but was the first one to make me feel as though it was MY dress! You lucky thing, it’s a good choice as you can see from the other threads on here.

Personally, I’m definitely having a more sparkly belt (more like the Enzoani Dabra one) a cathedral length veil, raw edged and a side tiara of some description.

i am likely to have a removable bolero made from tulle and the same appliqués as the dress. Not sure what shape yet, maybe a Sabrina neckline, or a shrug… Dunno.

Any way, hope you stick with the Dagen crew!

x

Post # 4
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Another tip is to google Dabra and and Dagen and you’ll see lots of real life brides with the dress on πŸ™‚

Post # 6
29 posts
Newbee

Raw edged means the fabric is simply a cut edge, rather than finished with a hem, ribbon or lace. My seamstress said she could put a small hem on the tulle when she takes my dress up, or leave it raw. I prefer the raw look, as you can’t see where my dress ends and my cathedral length veil ends.

i’m 5’5″ and will only be wearing 3.5″ heels and it brought the whole look together, but I think that’s because I chose a simple veil. However, I’ve  seen plenty of brides with similar dresses and they’ve teamed it up beautifully with much fussier lace edged, or finger trip veils.

You’re a bride! Go with whatever feels right for you!

Post # 9
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I just ordered my dagen today!! I tried on about 50 dresses haha could not stop thinking of this one though. Not sure if I will wear a veil – maybe a fingertip length, not a long one though because I’m getting married in a garden. I’ve found some beautiful shoes I think I’ll order today. Not sure about other accessories yet. 

Post # 11
29 posts
Newbee

@hiba-xo:  Nooooo! It’s the way it feels onmore than the way it looks! I often see brides looking stunning in Enzoani Dabra, but I tried it on seconds after Dagen and put Dagen back on and it felt sooo much nicer! The tulle is softer and he appliqués are more subtle.

it’s nothing like the dress I had set out to find, but it felt like my dress when I tried it on and I tried about 70 dresses!

Don’t regret your dress, remember the way it felt when you first decided! X

Post # 13
250 posts
Helper bee

Hey! I wanted to see how you ended up accessorizing your dress? I just bought the dagen πŸ™‚ I’m so excited!

Post # 14
29 posts
Newbee

@KHogan:  I went all out of accessories! Sparkly belt, headpiece, veil and bolero!

Post # 15
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Hi, did anyone else have trouble walking in in their Dagen? I picked mine up from the seamstress yesterday. I find it quite difficult to walk in, even with the hoop we got to try and make it easier. I find it heavy with so much weight to pull (i’m very small) and occassionally I feel like I kick the material a bit and worried it will get stuck in my feet. I think it is done to the right height, it is just off the floor, and I feel if I make it any higher it will loook stupid. Getting married in a week and I’m terrified I will trip down the aisle or look stupid like the dress is too big for me if I’m struggling to walk πŸ™

Post # 16
250 posts
Helper bee

How did you girls bustle the dress? I’d love to hear how you liked your bustle. Photos would be helpful πŸ™‚ Thanks!! <3

The topic ‘dagen bride 2013 :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors