(Closed) DAMN you IRS (A rant if you couldn't guess!)

posted 5 years ago in Money
Post # 3
14494 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

You don’t have to file an amend return necessarily. That small of an amount it better just to wait and see if they accept your return if they do then your fine without it.  If they reject it then you can file an amended return. Same thing happened to me last year and I spent two hours on the phone waiting for an irs agent for them to tell me not to worry about that small of an amount unless I wanted to amend. I already owed so it was a definite No. 

Post # 5
3281 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@renwoman:  I had to file a corrected form last year! My company (at which I work part-time) got bought out 2/3 of the way through the year, and I got a whole other W2 in the mail! It was SUCH a pain, and I was so nervous I was going to get audited or something.

This year I did my taxes already online, but haven’t actually e-filed. Everything is just saved and ready to go. I’m just going to wait until like March 1 or so and then click the file button. I’m satisfying my Type A need to have everything prepared/figured out, but (hopefully!) avoiding the situation of last year, haha.

Post # 6
58 posts
Worker bee

@renwoman:  I would wait until you get your refund, but do it before the tax deadline. They aren’t likely to catch it on their own before then, but if they catch it a year from now they will tack on ridiculous penalties and interest.

The topic ‘DAMN you IRS (A rant if you couldn't guess!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors