Post # 1
There’s a huge ash cloud making it’s way to Europe. It’s suppose to reach England this Wednesday and Spain on Thursday. Our flight to Italy on Monday has a lay-over in Spain, and I’m starting to worry that flights could be cancelled like they were last Spring, when the same thing happened.
Anyone else flying on their honeymoon to Europe in the next two weeks and worried?
Post # 3
We’re flying to Stockholm for my brother’s wedding on the 2nd…through Iceland. I’m definitely a little worried. The best we can do is hope for the best; I’ll cross my fingers for you!
Post # 4
Girl I hear ya! We’re flying out of England this Saturday to come back to Canada for our wedding … If I have to personally shove the world’s biggest cork into the top of the volcano just so I can get home for my wedding, I just might have to!!
The volcano last year cancelled our family trip to Scotland and Ireland and I will be damned if it’s ruining my travel plans this time around!
The good news? The catastrophe that was the explosion last year has caused the EU to shape up and figure out a plan for it if happens again. At least there will be less panic and fewer drastic measures taken (i.e. not grounding ALL planes for an entire week). They said it is now safe to fly with low-moderate levels of ash, which means they will only ground planes if the levels are super high. The ash from this volcano is also a lot heavier, which means it is falling quicker and not blowing around as much. And the winds are not as strong as last year.
I guess we just wait and keep our fingers and toes (and everything else!) crossed!