(Closed) Date twins?! Aug 24, 2013!!

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
707 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m not πŸ™‚ I’m getting married on August 10th next year, but I wanted to say congrats on booking your hall and setting your date! And yay month twin! Happy planning!

Post # 4
11233 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

The 24th was our original plan, but the venue we wanted had a smaller (half) minimum for Friday night, so we switched it to the 23rd. 

Planning is going great. πŸ˜€ We’ve got everything booked, I believe, just need to work on the details.

Post # 5
337 posts
Helper bee

Im a date twin!! Your the first one Ive seen with the same date so far. lol.

Congrats on booking the hall πŸ™‚

There hasnt been any planning at all for me the last few months but now that we passed the one year mark Im determined to get the ceremony location and photobooth reserved asap! And my dress came in already (not too stoked it came in so early, lol) so I go tomorrow for my first fitting. Its about 4 months early.

Post # 7
13 posts
Newbee

I’m August 24, 2013, as well. We are planning a small-ish wedding (about 30-40 people) and have the ceremony and reception venues on hold but haven’t put down any deposits yet. As is the case with all of our wedding planning thus far: We haven’t booked anything but have put in a lot of research.

Nice to meet you all!

Post # 8
135 posts
Blushing bee

Ahhh I’m right between y’all lovely ladies but got super excited when I saw a date near ours. 8/17/13 is our date. 17 is his station number so I had to plug that in for the fellas somehow ;).

Post # 10
9181 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Date twins!!! Laughing

We’re doing ours in a beautiful outdoor setting in our hometown in Wyoming.  We got engaged about 6 weeks ago (yay!).  All I’ve done is reserve the venue, reserve the band (awesome rockin friends of ours), talk very initially to some caterers, put together a tentative guest list (about 200), and make a draft of postcard Save-The-Date Cards.  But we’ve also talked pretty specifically about how we want the whole weekend to go and what style / theme we want (celebratory, casual, rustic, colorful!).  So in that way, I feel like I’ve got it somewhat mapped out.  Wheee!

Good luck with the planning ladies!

Post # 11
106 posts
Blushing bee

Hi All,

I’m another date twin, well maybe triplet, or quad by now! We just booked and paid the deposit for our ceremony/reception location less than a week ago! No other vendors booked yet although I’ve been researching a few here and there.

I’m determined to buy or DIY something with our date on it in the next few days since it’s for real now. I looked for ceremony/reception venues for about 3 months so I’m happy a decision is actually made! Working on save the date and e-pictures now.

Yaaay August 24, 2013!!!!!

Post # 12
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014 - Traverse City

the 24th was our original date!  But I had venue regret, felt I hadn’t shopped around enough….then found the venue of my DREAMS which was all booked for Saturdays, so we moved it to the 23rd! πŸ™‚

Post # 13
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Bloch Chapel

I’m a 8/24/13 bride…I originally tried to book my dream venue on 10/26/13, but the event coordinator at our venue accidentally took the hold off our date two days early. We’re getting married in a garden in Kentucky, so the roses will still be in bloom, which is a huge plus!

Post # 14
846 posts
Busy bee

i’m a 8-24-13 bride too! we got engaged back in june so i have literally everything booked, sometimes i wish we were getting married sooner! just had engagement pictures taken last weekend (they turned out amazing) but now i have nothing to do for a couple of months πŸ™ 

Post # 15
3 posts
Wannabee

Aug, 24, 2013 Have found my dress and groom and groomsmen tux but still looking for venue and bridemaids dresses 

Post # 16
16 posts
Newbee

I am getting married August 24, 2013! I am getting married at at Salvage One in Chicago, Illinois.  So far we have our photographer, caterer, rabbi and dj.  We each have 7 people standing up for us, a flower girl and two ring bearers!

The topic ‘Date twins?! Aug 24, 2013!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors