(Closed) DAVID KLASS! RINGS, CADS, EVERYTHING. PICTURES WELCOME! (THE MORE THE BETTER)!

posted 4 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

View original reply
longtimemrs :  thank you! Just curious, what is that blue color on the flowers? 

Post # 3
2915 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2006

View original reply
libra12 :  I told him on the 29th that it was perfect. I never in a million years expected him to go ahead and cast it! I made it clear I wasn’t in a hurry, hadn’t ordered the stones, and had to sell a boat before I could send him the money. Lol! This was quite a shock to get the email this evening. 

View original reply
longtimemrs :  I seriously have no words. It turned out so amazing! I cannot wait to see hand shots!!!! And I love mine and the gold color, but girl, it doesn’t hold a candle to the masterpiece you’ve got headed your way! 😳

View original reply
KKJohnson :  Those are gorgeous and what an awesome story behind them! 

Post # 3
Hostess
6691 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
libra12 :  Thanks so much! It’s my 20th anniversary ring. (I’m an “old” married lady — ha, ha!) I wish I could have had a dragon engagement ring way back when DH and I got engaged. I would have done it in a heartbeat! (Although my mom probably would have had a fit.)

Dragons were a big motif in our wedding. The bridesmaid dresses were made from gold silk woven through with brown thread in a dragon and phoenix pattern. And we had a dragon on our wedding cake and on part of the cake topper. The flowers on each side of the gallery are roses. They are my favorite flower. I carried roses in my bouquet, and my hubby gives me roses every year for our anniversary.

Post # 3
Hostess
6691 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
libra12 :  LOL! It’s a purple spinel. Way back when, my hubby gave me a promise ring that had an amethyst in it. I wanted a stone that was durable, within my current budget, and resembled amethyst in color tone. Enter this oval spinel! It’s such a pretty stone. I am excited that it looks good in the setting. I was worried it would be too dark.

Post # 3
Hostess
6691 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
ecmaddox :  It’s enameling. When we first started going through the design process, we talked about doing some type of enameling on the ring for a few of the details. In the end, I really wanted the dragons to be all in rose gold. So we decided to do the enameled detail on the flowers for a little extra pop of color.

View original reply
michellelynn9175 :  Thank you!! I’m so excited that it is done. It’s weird how the whole process seems like it drags along … until BOOM (!!) it’s done all of a sudden. I can’t wait to see it in person, although I’m a little sad that the adventure is over. Time to plan my next project —  ha, ha!

I love your setting! It is a masterpiece, too! I’m so happy and excited that you like the gold color. It really looks perfect, and I can’t wait to see your stones in their new home.

Post # 3
2915 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
longtimemrs :  Oh I’ve already got my next project planned too. It’ll be a little bit, but I’m beyond excited! It’ll be done by DK for sure. I told my husband I had to build up my collection to pass down to my daughter 😉 He agreed so I’m glad I used that as my excuse! 

Post # 3
Hostess
6691 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
michellelynn9175 :  Ha! I love it!! I have so many different ideas for settings. I keep on making notes and little (very bad — ha, ha!) drawings of them and then filing them away for later. Too bad I don’t have the budget to keep up with my crazy ideas!

I already know what my very next project is going to be. My daughter is turning Sweet 16 next year, and I want to do a special ring for her with a pink sapphire (her birthstone in her favorite color). So I need to start saving my pennies for that!

Post # 3
2915 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
longtimemrs :  How Sweet! That’s an awesome idea. I’ve got almost 5 years before mines 16, but I might do the same! Her favorite color is blue and birthstone is an aquamarine! 😊

My next project is a brown diamond in some sort of bezel. I am googling ideas as we speak. I can’t wait! 

Post # 3
Hostess
6691 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
michellelynn9175 :  Bezel set brown diamond sounds magnificent! I saw your thread on brown diamonds earlier, and there were some amazingly gorgeous inspiration pics in there. I think the whole process of researching and gathering up ideas and filtering through them is one of the most fun things about any new project.

Aquamarine birthstone ring would be beautiful for your girl! I can’t believe mine is turning 16 next year. It seems like just yesterday she was a cute little toddler. LOL

Post # 3
669 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

View original reply
longtimemrs :  WOW! It turned out so amazingly!! Congratulations! Your ring is incredible!!

View original reply
michellelynn9175 :  ahhhhh!! I can’t believe it’s been cast!! It’s stunning!! I love everything about it, it’s just gorgeous!

Post # 3
Hostess
6691 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
danaberries :  Thanks! I’m over the moon excited about it. 🙂

Post # 3
1122 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
longtimemrs :  wow love the Dragons!

Post # 3
613 posts
Busy bee
Post # 3
Hostess
5076 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2007 - City, State

I just sent out for a quote on earrings. I’m going to take the two round diamonds out of my 2-stone ring and make them earrings.. and save the setting to do my kids birthstones in one day. I also asked DK to send me a plastic model of the rose band he makes, to see if I like it with my rose ring. I’ve always loved that band and think it would be pretty to have a whole bouquet of flowers on my finger!! I’m attaching a pic of the band I asked about and the earrings I want. Both will be in 14k yellow gold. 

And this is my rose ring…..

The topic ‘DAVID KLASS! RINGS, CADS, EVERYTHING. PICTURES WELCOME! (THE MORE THE BETTER)!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors