(Closed) David’s Bridal 83707 BM Dresses

posted 7 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 4
615 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I am wearing this dress (in Lapis) as a bridesmaid in a wedding this September.  First of all, I am going to disagree and say that this is NOT a great quality dress for the $110 I paid – it’s constructed exactly like a $20 dress from Forever 21.  SO cheap and shoddy, even the dress I tried on had a hole in the back, a barely-functional zipper, and threads hanging out all over the place.

The saleslady was like, “Wouldn’t you just prefer to buy this one and take it home today instead of ordering a new one and waiting?” I said, “Um I’m going to go ahead and say ‘no’ because there’s a gaping hole in the back and the zipper hardly works.”

The other bridesmaid I was with also had a bit of a difficult time with the zipper, but we did manage to get ours zipped.  I was more irked with the material and half-ass construction of the dress.

That said, it is super flattering on many body types and compared to other bridesmaid dress monstrosities out there, it’s very cute.

Post # 6
615 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

You asked for a review from a bridesmaid who owns this dress and you got one.  Sorry it wasn’t what you wanted to hear. 

For what it’s worth, I also tried on multiples of the same dress style (in different sizes and colors) in considerably better condition (ie no holes – that was just the one in the size AND color I ended up needing to buy), but the material and overall construction of the dress remained the same.  Perhaps my definition of “high quality” differs from yours, especially when considering the cost.

And I did say something “positive” about the dress:

That said, it is super flattering on many body types and compared to other bridesmaid dress monstrosities out there, it’s very cute.

Oh.  And it’s comfortable.

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee

@kansas bee:

I have this dress and do not have the best reviews about it, It is made really cheap a co-worker of mine got the same dress for a different wedding also and has problems with the zipper. The fabric is really thin as well. On DB the reviews for the dress state that as well. But it is cute just needs to make it through a wedding!

Post # 9
407 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

My Maid/Matron of Honor wore this dress in Sangria. (loved the pockets! came in handy to hold the rings and to carry tissues).  She did not have an issue with the zipper, but then again she ordered a size larger because she just had a baby. So it was a little big on the day.  But as for the zipper issue, i don’t think it is limited to this dress. I owned an expensive Calvin Klein dress that is similar style with the ruching in the middle and the zipper in the back also would get stuck.  I think it is just the construction of that style of dress.  A trick to be safe is to order a size up.

Post # 10
104 posts
Blushing bee

My bridesmaids all wore this dress in a cornflower blue color.  I had six bridesmaids and their sizes all range from size 2 to size 20.  They all had nothing but positive things to say about it (love the pockets!)  it was flattering on all of them, and none of them had issues with the zipper.

My friend also used these for her bridesmaids (5 of them) last October, and she’s actually the one who recommended this dress to me.  All her bridesmaids loved it, and a few of them have posted pictures on facebook at events  wearing them again! 

Post # 11
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Hi Girls!

Do any of you have this dress Davids Bridal Style #83707 in the Color Sangria available for sale? Or know of anyone that is willing to sell a size 8 or 10? I need this dress for a wedding this upcoming November!! Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

Best Wishes to you All!

The topic ‘David’s Bridal 83707 BM Dresses’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors