(Closed) Davids Bridal style WG3020!!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@cherryblossomlove: I am! I am so in love with this dress. I can’t wait to wear it! Awsome dress pick.

Post # 5
515 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Laughing I’m your dress twin. I just got the dress this past Sunday.  When I first went into DB I was looking for a backup dress in case the dress I was planning on buying (gold mermaid dress) didnt work out. After trying several dresses in the fit and flare and mermaid shape and seeing that im just two tiny for those dresses, i asked about a tulle dress, that they didnt have. My consultant looked at me and said hold on and brought back this dress. I tried it on and it was NOTHING like I expected and beautiful. I got tears and everything lol… What color shoes have you decided on?

Post # 8
515 posts
Busy bee

Aww it looks so pretty, I have my fitting next Saturday and I can’t wait. I’m wearing black sparkly peep toe pumps with about a 3 inch heels. I’m super excited about wearing them.. That’s crazy it seems that fate wants you to have the dress :). Mine is Ivory and Black but the Ivory to me is really close to white. But I love the dress anyway.. I’m thinking of adding a black sash around the middle, I feel like something is missing there, but then with all of the black lace that might be too much. We will see. It seems like we are  the only one with enough pizzazz to wear this dress :).

Post # 10
515 posts
Busy bee

Those are adoreable. I had to go for a shorter heel because me and the FH are close to the same height. (I didn’t want to be taller than him, so with the heels we are the same height) These are my shoes – http://www.dsw.com/shoe/m+by+marinelli+vern+pump?prodId=224839&productRef=SEARCH (don’t know how to post pics on here so I figured I’d put the link). The heels give me just enough height that I want have to hem the dress.  After looking at it again today I 86’d the sash. I think it would make it look less bridal and more prom.. Def not the look I’m going for. Yeah I tried on a few white dress (different shape) and it just washed me out, Ivory gives my skin tone the glow it needs. Did you happen to get it bussled and stuff yet. I’m trying to figure out HOW in the WORLD does the dress looked bussled and how many bussle’s do I need? The black def. makes the dress. Plus it doesn’t hurt that my fiance’s favorite color is black :).

Post # 11
515 posts
Busy bee

BTW’s have you thought or figure out your flower girls dresses? I finally made the decision and picked black dresses that have ivory underneath and cut out flowers. It’s almost like the opposite of our dress. The rest of the bridal party is wearing black as well. I’m thinking of getting Pink Roses for myself to carry and then have them carry yellow roses. I’m kinda of an out of the box bride. I want as many different ideas for my wedding as possible. I.E. my ring bearer will more than likely be carrying a transformer down the aisle, with the fake rings attached to it and the cake topper really takes the cake. http://www.daisy-days.com/super-spy-cake-topper.html  (love it, we go to the gun range and stuff so it fits lol)

Post # 14
515 posts
Busy bee

OMG that is def a day. I really would’ve had a fit. I still would I’m hoping that the dress is still okay it’s at my mom’s house. Yeah Pink is more springy than the red that would be more of a valentine or Christmas wedding. Yeah I had to do the 3in heel but they are so comfy I wont have to worry about taking them off that night until it’s time to leave. Wow they are covering the alterations that is wonderful. My dress was the sample dress and only one other person tried it on. Mine is a size 4 as well and it’s way too big I’m sure a 2 would’ve fit me perfectly but they only had the 4 in the store and it was the only one. Yeah my mom and I were trying to figure out how they would bustle it esp with it being tulle and lace, it’s gotta to be hard but I’m sure they know exactly what they are doing (at least I hope 😉 ) (it seems pretty expensive too.. so not looking foward to paying the money for the alterations, hopefully it wont be too much)I’m glad everything worked out with the ordeal. It must truly be meant to be your dress esp if they were able to get it from the warehouse. I like the pink dress idea, that will give the whole thing pops of color. Yes it is A LOT of dress, it surprised me at how light it truly was once I put it on. I was expecting to be weighed down and I’m tiny lol.. My cousin had a beautiful champange pick up DB’s dress I loved it but OMG was it heavy. She was 7 months preggers and you couldn’t tell but by the end of the night she had taken off the under skirt and the dress was just dragging. I ended up carrying it around for the majority of the night. I’m so happy our dress is NOT that heavy 🙂 I think that might have been the breaking point. Plus I don’t think my Fiance would want to hear my fussing and being a brat all night because it was too heavy. It also helped me eliminate the need to switch dresses for the reception. The ceremony and reception are at the same place so it would be hard to switch dress and it’s in November so it will be a bit chilly lol! I’m trying to think about those options now. I have 1 MatronOH, 1Maid/Matron of Honor & 1 Bridesmaid or Best Man. I’m giving them all the option to wear whatever dress they pick out and cause in the end they have to wear the dress not me. 🙂

It crazy that they discountinued it. I went online to leave a review for the dress and 2 days later it was gone off of the website. SMH. I was like seriously. My friend told me to look out for the clearance sale most of the time the end up showing back up in the sale section, then you can contact DB and let them know you brought the dress recently and they will refund you the difference (my fingers are so crossed)

No not a server/bartender I’m a paralegal at a bankruptcy law firm. I hear the “86’d” term all the time. lol!

The topic ‘Davids Bridal style WG3020!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors