(Closed) David’s Bridal T9612 Brides: What bra did you wear?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I wore an adhesive bra, but if you have a larger chest, you may have trouble finding something that works for you. 

Post # 4
368 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I have a friend who’s wedding dress was very low cut in the back, and she didn’t wear a bra but had the cups sewn in. She is smaller chested, so I understand your concern with larger breasts. When I just got my dress altered at DB they had cups that came in the sizes of bras, so you might be okay getting them sewn in! What about those bras at Victoria’s Secret that wrap around you at your lower back? That might give you a little more support than the cups alone.

[attachment=877566,109359]

Post # 5
3 posts
Wannabee

I am wearing the same dress and will be wearing the victoria’s secret bra mentioned above.  I’m not big chested being a B cup but I’m paranoid about adhesives actually staying up all night.  Besides I want a little push up action.  I just got the bra today and am pretty sure that it is low enough.  Also you don’t have to wear the straps as a halter like in the picture.  It can be worn traditionally on the shoulders.  Hope this helps! 

Post # 7
1 posts
Wannabee

I just wore this dress (and am selling it on weddingbee too) and for a bra I wore the DB smooth satin tricot brasselette 7750. In the back we left 3 snaps undone and folded them under and out of sight.  The tailor added 2 clasps in the back and 2 in the front to hold the bra completely out of sight. 

I am a Dirty Delete cup and was definitely concerned about the support and sustainability of adhesives.  The brasselette (basically a corsette) kept me feeling quite secure and comfortable.

Post # 8
403 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I had them sew in the bra cups so I wouldn’t have to worry about finding a bra.  I’m not very busty though–C cup size.  They sewed in B cups to give me a little uplift :o)

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee

Is anyone selling their dress? In a size 4, 6, or 8 in white or ivory/ivory?

Post # 10
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Get a nu bra. The adhesive bra and you can keep it and use it for other dresses. I bought one years ago and have been wearing it under different dresses. It works super well!

Post # 11
17 posts
Newbee

Dose anyone have extra material from David Bridal’s T9612 dress in Ivory color??

I bought a used dress from another bride. She told me that it’s a size 2 but after receiving the dress, it is actually a 2P!!! I KNEW that 2P would not fit me and it’s not going to work. I wouldn’t have bought it if I knew, but I was lied to. Now I’m stuck with a dress that the bust line is too high. I went to a lady that does alteration and she told me that if I can find the same lace, she would be able to extend it a bit. So, girls, if you happen to shorten your dress and have leftover fabric, plese email me at [email protected]! I’m gonna need a miracle to make this work!!

Post # 11
17 posts
Newbee

Dose anyone have extra material from David Bridal’s T9612 dress in Ivory color??

I bought a used dress from another bride. She told me that it’s a size 2 but after receiving the dress, it is actually a 2P!!! I KNEW that 2P would not fit me and it’s not going to work. I wouldn’t have bought it if I knew, but I was lied to. Now I’m stuck with a dress that the bust line is too high. I went to a lady that does alteration and she told me that if I can find the same lace, she would be able to extend it a bit. So, girls, if you happen to shorten your dress and have leftover fabric, plese email me at [email protected]! I’m gonna need a miracle to make this work!!

Post # 13
883 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

having cups sewn in on mine, gave up tryinh to find something that worked!

Post # 14
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I actually sewed SHOULDER pads into the breast section (I’m a tiny gal and need a little filler) and then taped the V-neck of the dress to my skin with special tape. It turned out great and hardly cost anything! 

The topic ‘David’s Bridal T9612 Brides: What bra did you wear?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors