(Closed) David's bridal v3587 – HELP

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
1688 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Your dress is gorgeous! I love it. I think it would look awesome with a thin blingy belt right at your natural waist. Once you’re all made up on your wedding day you’ll look like a million bucks.

Post # 3
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

I think your dress is beautiful and you look stunning in it!! If you want to pick a different one though, David’s Bridal will let you exchange if no alterations have been done. 

Post # 4
485 posts
Helper bee

I think your dress is gorgeous and looks beautiful on you, but I also don’t want to dismiss the fact that you are uncomfortable.  With that said, I wondering if your discomfort with your chest/shoulder area is just because your neck/chest is bare.  I think once you have a necklace on it will bring that together.  I also don’t know what your hair looks like, but if you’re still uncomfortable with your shoulders and chest, you might consider keeping your hair down.  Overall, though, I don’t think you have to worry, and you definitely shouldn’t stress about comparing yourself to Future Sister-In-Law.  It’s YOUR day.  She already had hers, and now that’s in the past.

Which belt did you pick? 🙂

Post # 5
421 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

I think your dress is lovely! The detailing and the way it fades towards the bottom is very romantic. Your dress is the definition of “beautiful bride.” I especially like it with the belt in the second photo! 

I wouldn’t worry about “matching” your bridesmaids, either. You’re the bride! If you wanted to wear bright purple or neon sequins, that would be your right! That’s being very dramatic though, haha. I seriously don’t think champagne could clash with any color. I consider it to be pretty neutral. What color did you end up picking? My girls are wearing mercury and I have champagne on my dress.

If you’re still not happy with the neck and shoulder area, maybe they could add a crumb catcher made of the same light material that’s at the bottom? It would make the neckline seem higher. Or maybe put on a nice big necklace? I think what you might be disliking is the open space between the top of the dress and your neck. 

Edited to add: I don’t think “crumb catcher” is the best way to describe what I meant…. maybe a wiser bee can help me find the word! Like, a small ruffle of that fabric sewn behind the current neckline to just give it more height. I hope that makes sense!

Post # 6
4103 posts
Honey bee

Oh my goodness, such insecurity and yet I look at those pictures of you and think you look just lovely. Your dress is divine. You suit the style so well and your bust/shoulder/upper arm area looks PERFECT! Not just good, but perfect. It’s one of the reasons why the style suits you so well.

What I love about your dress is the relative simplicity and non-fussiness of it. It has beautiful lace detail but it isn’t overdone so it means you wear the dress, the dress does not wear you. The colouris so very flattering and romantic.

As far as belts go I think they all look nice but I probably like the thin diamante one best,it seems so elegant. It creates an “empire line” look that seems to elongate your frame very beautifully. I bet your dress would still look good with no belt at all.

I’m guessing the comment about the bridesmaids not outshining the bride was a reference to detail and simplicity. As your dress is not dripping wth bling you need simple bridesmaids dresses to complimnet it. Bridesmaids dresses full of bling and complex design features would distract from your classic lovliness.

I’m surpised your maids did not react more postively to your dress because from what I can see posted here you’ve postively nailed it for dress choice as far as classic elegance goes.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Profile Photoobserver.
Post # 7
47420 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I expected to see an ill fitting, unflattering dress when I read your thread. Instad, I see a bride with a stunning figure, in a gorgeous dress that fits her well.

I agree with a pp that perhaps you feel that the dress sits too low on your chest. It doesn`t,  but the reality is that the only time most of us wear a dress like this is on our wedding day, so the low cut can make us feel uncomfortable.A statement necklace can solve that problem.

I would not add to or alter the dress in any way. I love the brown floral sash. I would find a belt that you love that sits at your natural waist.

Post # 8
434 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

I really like your dress!  It sucks that your not excited about it though.

I like the ivory belt (2nd picture) and the brown belt.  I also agree with PP on the statement necklace.  Also a cathedral length veil can add a lot of drama (I am bias because i lovee long veils)

Post # 9
1449 posts
Bumble bee
Post # 11
2016 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

View original reply
FutureWifey2016:  The dress is beautiful, you look amazing. I love the third belt, the one up from the off colored one. Best of luck and don’t worry about what they were thinking, your future hubby is going to love your dress and you on your wedding day!

Post # 13
170 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

I think it’s stunning and looks beautiful on you!  As far as the reaction you got from the others…I’m guessing jealousy?  The dress is magnificent, I think you should wear it proudly.

Post # 14
474 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

View original reply
FutureWifey2016:  as much as that hurts, I wouldn’t even sweat what your Future Sister-In-Law did when you walked out in your dress. The way you were describing your dress before I saw the picture made me think it wasn’t all that great but once I saw iyour pictures, my opinion completely changed. It is so pretty! It looks amazing on you and I think your Fiance will think you are the most stunning bride out there. I had the same thing happen to me that you are going Through. my SIL got engaged 5 months before my wedding. I felt like the attention was shifting and they were trying to outdo me and compare everything. i had dress regret before she got engaged and when I found THE dress they acted similar to how your future in laws did. I didn’t let it bug me. I knew it was my day. In the end my husband loved my dress and everyone kept telling me how gorgeous it was. They could be acting that way because they are jealous. Keep your head up. You are getting married! This is your day and you have an amazingly gorgrous dress! 

The topic ‘David's bridal v3587 – HELP’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors