(Closed) Day After Shoot & Trash the Dress Session?

posted 7 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
7296 posts
Busy Beekeeper

i didn’t do exactly what you did, but i did do two photo sessions after my wedding. we had a destination wedding in Jamaica and did a trash the dress on the beach in Jamaica a couple of days after our wedding (so much fun!).  Then almost 4 months later, we had an “at home” BBQ reception, but in the afternoon before the BBQ, we did another photo shoot in a nice location by the waterfront in my hometown. For this we asked our bridal party to wear their dresses/suits again, as well our immediate family came.  I had 3 reasons for doing this shoot. 1) photo time for bridal party got cut short at our wedding and so i wanted more fun pics with my bridesmaids, 2) my husband’s sister and kids were unable to attend our wedding so we wanted pics with them and 3) two of six girls i asked to be BMs bought their dresses but in the end could not wear them as they were unable to come to our wedding either – so we got nice pics with them as well.  it was well worth it and i didn’t think it was too weird!  even if its not the norm to a third day of photos, it will more than likely be worth it.  I remember in the days leading up to my bridal party photo shoot back home i was regretting it as i felt very silly about and was thinking everyone must be annoyed to have to dress up again.  But it turned out to be fun, it lasted one hour so no one felt i was asking too much and the two girls who were not at my wedding in Jamaica were thrilled to wear their dresses and get pictures done.  and i love the pics we got, so all around i was very happy i did it.

Post # 4
75 posts
Worker bee

If you’re using Paul, I’m sure he will be fine going wherever you want to go. He’s a pretty fit guy. 🙂 I think it would be great to do a TTD shoot on the Island. 

This time two years ago I was waist deep in planning an Island wedding and had a lot of places in mind for a TTD.  We seperated a few months later. I live in Cincinnati now but grew up 17 miles from the Island. (They were in our same high school sports conference). 

The water should be warm enough for some water shots. 

Good luck and congrats.

Post # 5
7311 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

We did a “day after” session a little more than a month after our wedding because we intentionally kept photo time fairly short on our wedding day. We were more interested in hanging out with our friends and family than we were in doing lots of photos on our wedding day. And I will be doing a ttd session with 2 of my best friends this upcoming May. The 3 of us all got married in 2011, so we plan on trashing our dresses together in the ocean and having a fantastic girls day. So no, I don’t think it’s weird at all. I spent a whole lotta money on my dress, so I might as well wear it a few times before donating it. 🙂

The topic ‘Day After Shoot & Trash the Dress Session?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors