Post # 1
I’m an out of state bride planning my wedding in Indianapolis. I have met with a few DOC and week of planners and this was the lowest estimate I received. Is this reasonable to you guys?
Current price includes the following services:
-Attend final vendor meetings to oversee final details
-Return rental items – from tuxes to cake stand
-Wedding Weekend Management and Set-up/Clean-up
• Rehearsal coordination & management
• Wedding day coordination & management by April and at least one assistant (dependent on size of wedding)
• Create a customized schedule of events for the rehearsal & wedding day
• Perform all vendor confirmations the week of the wedding
• Act as point-of-contact for all wedding vendors the week of the wedding
and on the wedding day
• Assist in decorating the ceremony & reception sites
• Manage all event logistics from set up to tear-down (ceremony and reception)
• Pin on boutonnieres and distribute wedding party bouquets
• Oversee the distribution of final payments to vendors on the wedding day
• Coordinate with DJ or band on music selection and timing. Act as MC, if needed
• Use of our “wedding” toolbox & emergency kit for all last minute details
• Collection of your wedding gifts & arranging delivery in a vehicle approved by you
Post # 3
That seems like an absurd estimate! If that’s considered “reasonable” then I need get into the wedding coordinating business. I think $500-900 is a reasonable.
Post # 4
@KendraJ:Yea I thought so too, but the only reason I thought it was somewhat reasonable is the other estimates where even higher than this…I can’t find anyone to do it for less and I’m going to have to get one or I feel like the day won’t run as smoothly as it should.
Post # 5
I’m currently searching for a DOC and i’ve seen prices range from $1000 to $3000 for the same services. So while what you were quoted is not unreasonable it’s not the lowest either. But the price also depends on the DOC’s experience level and how many hours of service she is providing as well as how many assistants she’ll bring with her the day of.
Post # 6
It does sound like a lot she would be doing for you, which is a huge plus.. But some of the things (pinning on bouts, overseeing final payments) seem like things other people could very easliy do!
And I might be biased because my wedding budget is $5K, but that amount sounds like too much to me.
Post # 7
Actually when I was looking around I got prices anywhere from $800-$2500 so yes it’s high, but definitely not the most expensive I have seen. I am going to be paying $825 for two people to be there the day of. I talked her down from $1200 because I wasn’t interested in being able to contact her with questions from when I signed my contract up until the wedding day. I am now limited to contat only 2 months before. Which has been fine for me so far. Ask them if there is any adjustment in the price. How many people will you get only 1 coordinator or will they be bringing an assistant?
Post # 8
@LRin2011:She’s bringing an assistant. One would be with me the entire time in case I need anything. But honestly I think I am going to tell her I won’t need that. I just want to make sure while i’m getting ready with my bridesmaid’s that the church and reception site are decorated accordingly & that everyone knows where there going. The other estimate I received was $1800 and the other was $2100, so far she is the cheapest
Post # 9
@Shekema07: I know that is all I was looking for too! Mine kept trying to talk me into an additional assistant because we are having such a large wedding, so 3 people there and I said no way. Hopefully if you decide you don’t need the assistant you can talk her down a little more. Good Luck!
Post # 10
I’m in Dallas and people have quoted me 700 up to 2500 for Day-of coordination with a little extra (rehearsal coverage, post-wedding things, etc.)