(Closed) Daydreaming & need to know about mm width!

posted 8 years ago in Rings
Post # 32
913 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@MissTX: I think the most important thing when you are pairing a band with an engagement ring is not the width but the depth of the band–meaning, how far the metal extends out from your finger, if that makes any sense.

IMO rings of different widths can look great if they both sit the same distance from the finger. But even rings of the same widths can look mismatched if one is very flat and the other is much more rounded.

Here’s an example of what I mean–these rings have very different widths but they look great together because they have the same depth; the outside edges of the rings align perfectly:

Whereas this set doesn’t work as well IMO even though the widths are similar, because the wedding band protrudes farther than the engagement ring:

Post # 33
705 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

2.5 mm band on size 5.5  wedding band will hopefully be my mother’s old band if we can get it resized–it will be a round, yellow gold 1.5 mm band.

Post # 34
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

My wedding band is 2mm. I’m not exactly sure what my ering is but it’s very similar. Ring size 6.

Post # 35
893 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

My engagement ring is 1.5mm and my wedding band is 1.8mm

Here’s a picture of my engagement ring on my finger for some perspective.  My ring size is 4.75

Post # 37
2734 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Engagement ring: 1.5mm width

Diamond eternity band: 2.1mm width

My finger is a size 4.75. Hope that helps!

Post # 38
153 posts
Blushing bee

Just the thread I’ve been looking for! 

The topic ‘Daydreaming & need to know about mm width!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors