(Closed) DC: $1500 flower budget, florist recs?

posted 6 years ago in Washington, D.C.
Post # 3
2106 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Our florist is a home-business but totally awesome. She works out of Pasadena, MD and is coming to Baltimore for us, so I bet she’s do DC. She keeps costs super low because she rents you the vases and such. Here are her weddingwire reviews: http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/violets-florist-by-connie-clark-pasadena/26af7dc9f5ef5c0a.html

We met her at a bridal expo and her displays were beautiful. You can see pictures of her work here: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000458558498

I was quoted $1,000-1,500 for other florists for what I wanted. Connie said she can do what I want for $850. 

Post # 5
5886 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

Just find a few florists that you like (ask your venue, they often have a prefered vendor list). Tell them what you need and your budget and if you have flower preferences. But it will be cheaper if you let them pick the flowers. They will either tell you they can do it, along with some suggestiond, or not. 

However, DO NOT use Karin’s Florist in Vienna. Totally ruined my flowers by bringing the wrong colored flowers. 

Post # 6
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Love my florist Nicole – and she’s super affordable – MySimplyChicFlowers.com  – after extensive searching we definitely feel like we got the most bang for our buck

Post # 7
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

We’re using Petal’s Edge in Alexandria – our original quote was $2200, but we talked them down to $1800, including tax and delivery, but we’re having a huge bridal party. I’m sure they’d work with you! They’re so so nice!

Post # 9
25 posts
Newbee

I’d recommend FiFi Flowers as her quote as by far the lowest that I looked at and beat Petal’s Edge.  

Post # 10
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

If you have any close gay/lesbian friends/family (or are LGBT yourself), I would avoid Fifi Flowers.  She opposes gay marriage, and was overly expressive of her religious beliefs.  If that doesn’t matter to you, then by all means, call her.  Her ideas were pretty phenomenal. Laughing

Post # 11
2116 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

If you buy your flowers through Whole Foods, apparently you ONLY pay for the flowers and they’ll arrange them to your specifications for free, but it is only based on the flowers they have in stock.

Good for simple ol’ me with my all-rose bouquet

Post # 12
25 posts
Newbee

@KelannaDC:  Yikes, I didn’t get that vibe at all but it also didn’t come up in the conversation. We actually have several close LGBT friends that were at the wedding with their partners.  We also had a drag queen perform at our reception.  

Post # 14
25 posts
Newbee

@KelannaDC:  Sorry to hear that.  I actually had recommended her on other boards.  Maybe she’ll learn and change her views at some point.  

Hope you have a wonderful 2nd wedding and that you’re able to find the right vendors.  I know Petal’s Edge may be a bit pricier but they seemed pretty professional and their work is also beautiful.  I just didn’t go with them b/c mainly I wanted a garden look and their person didn’t really quote me any of the ideas I had and it was a more traditional direction than I wanted.  Their quote was lillies and roses and I wanted daisies and sunflowers.  Someone else had a suggestion about Whole Foods that sounded like a good one as well.  

Post # 15
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@octdcbride:  Thank you!  I think a fellow Bee is going to do my flowers.  We’re going to order them from a local wholesaler, and she’s going to do the arranging.  She did such a lovely job on her own.  Laughing

Post # 16
3 posts
Wannabee

I used Loveblooms. The owners name is Emily and she works out of her home so her prices are beyond reasonable. I saved thousands of dollars compared to other quotes in the area and my flowers were amazing!

The topic ‘DC: $1500 flower budget, florist recs?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors