Post # 1
My Fiance and I are thinking of mini-moon-ing in DC right after the wedding in October before our actual honeymoon in February.
I am looking for suggestions on affordable hotels in Downtown DC or easily accesible by the train. Also looking for suggestions on restaurants and additional activites.
Post # 3
Hi! There are tons of hotels in downtown DC, so you’ll really have your pick. I would recommend the Dupont Circle neighborhood, Foggy Bottom, or Metro Center, because that way you have conveninent access to the most frequently used train lines, and, in some cases, be walkable to the major attractions.
My absolutel favorite restaurant in DC is Founding Farmers (it’s a farm-to-table philosophy, fairly casual dining, amazing drinks, great food, and not super expensive). Again, tons of restaurants so you really can get food no matter what cuisine you’re feeling!
What sort of additional activities are you looking for? The Kennedy Center always has some great shows going, the monuments, Warner Theater, Virginia wine country is pretty close by, there are some great bars, etc… If you let me know what else you’re looking for, I’ll do my best to pinpoint some ideas for you! 🙂
Post # 4
1. check out Marriott Fairview Park in Falls Church, VA 22042. Their rate is below $100 a night. They also provide a free shuttle to the nearest metro station.
For restaurants here are my suggestions:
1. Ethiopic Restaurant- DC is known for amazing ethiopian food and this restaurant is one of the best.
2. Bourbon Steak- It is extremely expensive steakhouse but one of the best and it is in the Georgetown area with lots of see.
3. Zaytinya- Right off Metro Center and Gallery Place/Chinatown (downtown DC). Small tapas “small plates” for you to try different foods.
4. Jaleo- Small Plates like Zaytinya but really good and affordable too. Try the paella, it is amazing!
For things to do, I highly suggest that you go cayaking in the Potomac River. It cost around $15 dollars to rent a cayak and go paddling for an hour.
Check out http://www.jacksboathouse.com