(Closed) DC: Photographer around $2500

posted 7 years ago in Washington, D.C.
Post # 3
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Wow – I would say to go with him/her if you’re happy with the style.  That’s pretty good to get two shooters for that price!  (I am kicking myself for just deleting my photographer research, but I think there was only one we came across who started under that amount, and I don’t think the package included a 2nd shooter.)

My friend is doing our DC wedding – she is an amazing, national award-winning photojournalist and also does wedding photography.  Her package is $3500, which includes an amazing amount of photos and the images, shooting for 8 hrs with a 2nd shooter.

Post # 4
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

What is your photographers name? I am in the same boat as you and I’m looking for a photographer for around $2,000 but I do not need a DVD or a seperate session.

Post # 8
7311 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

We used Gillette Portrait Arts, and I think they would come in at or around your budget. They are based on the Eastern Shore, but regularly shoot in DC, Baltimore, and Philly, too. http://www.gilletteportraitarts.com 

Post # 9
128 posts
Blushing bee

honestly, that is a great package since the going rate in DMV area starts at 2K.  If you like the company’s work and quality, then go with it.  But if you feel uncomfortable, keep looking.

I booked out photographer last weekend.  We received a great package (photographer & assistant for 6.5 hrs coverage, HI Res pics dvd, engagement session, 2.5 hrs of rehearsal dinner coverage and album with 50 photos for just under 2k.

Post # 10
486 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Fiance is doing our photography research right now and $2500 is the lowest he’d found too.

Post # 11
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Radiant Bride:  I just figured out that DMV means DC/MD/VA and that you’re not getting married at the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Post # 12
486 posts
Helper bee

@zagora:I just put that together recently as well, after almost 2 yrs living here.

Post # 14
486 posts
Helper bee

@NJmeetsBX:I’m from Jersey too! That explains it.

Post # 15
128 posts
Blushing bee

@zagora: LOL! The DMV would be a interesting place to get hitched at but not for me! It would make a interesting driving license photo though.

The topic ‘DC: Photographer around $2500’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors