Post # 1
I went in today to have a bustle put on my dress. When I got the dress, it fit perfectly (so much that it needed absolutely no alterations). When I went today, the bust was a solid inch from zipping. I have only gained about 5 pounds. Has anyone else had this happen? The strange thing is that the rest seems to fit like before. It’s just the top three inches of the bodice. Some background: I just started working out really hardcore a few weeks back, I am getting married in 7 weeks, and I can’t afford severe alterations. Anyone have weight loss ideas? Or any other ideas to make it fit????
Post # 3
If you just started working out hardcore, it is possible that you are retaining water.
My dress didn’t fit at my initial fitting, and we added a corset and it looks (and feels) amazing now. I don’t know if that’s an option for you – for my dress it was minor since the bodice already had boning in it. If they would need to add boning, it would be more major and more expensive.
Re: weight loss tips, it wouldn’t work long-term, but on a temporary basis cutting back on carbs can really help. Also, make sure you don’t eat too much sodium, it can cause major bloat, too. The main thing I’ve found helps to lose weight is focusing on eating whole foods – shop the perimeter of the grocery store.
Post # 4
I’d say you have two options:
1) lay off any upper body weights and use cardio and cut down on carbs and see if you can drop the 5 lbs (you do have 7 weeks to do it that’s only 1/2 a pound a week). I know that when I start working out I bulk up on muscles a bunch whenever I start lifting, but if that’s the cause you should lose that after a week or two if you stop working that area.
2) have the dress altered and don’t worry about it, its only 5 lbs
Post # 5
Vegetables vegetables vegetables! Leafy green vegetables and ones with a lot of water in them (peppers, cucumbers, ect), will definitely help your weight loss
Post # 6
It’s just in your bust? Did you start a new birth control pill? I know 5lbs automatically equals about 3/4″ all over, and I’m not even short!
As for quick weight loss:
2) Don’t do heavy arm workouts. Yoga and super light weights are fine.
3) Replace sandwiches with salads, try to eliminate bread-y, rice-y things after 5 pm.
4) If you drink, stop. If you don’t want to stop, switch to only vodka/club soda- no beer, wine, margaritas, etc.
Good luck, and inch isn’t too much to knock out in 7 weeks.
Post # 7
I switched to all whole grains and whole foods like the first poster mentioned….nothing but fresh and unprocessed foods for this girl. I”ve dropped nearly 15 lbs in two months. I reckon I could drop another 5 or 10 in the next 6 weeks, not sure if I”m gonna go for it though. I also do cardio an hour a day. If I don’t have time to make it to the gym, I go for a 30 minute jog before I go to sleep.
Post # 8
Go for a 30 minute power-walk every morning before breakfast!