(Closed) dec 2011 brides?

posted 8 years ago in December 2011
Post # 3
1205 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I’m brand new to posting (but not to board stalking…*blush*), but we’re pretty sure we’ve set a date now, 12/03/11.  We are SO excited!

Our parents (both sets) are happy for us, although I think worrying about the money piece…  We don’t have a theme, per se, but are going for elegant white; we’re looking at having the wedding ceremony and reception both at a manor house in the area.  Your candlelight ceremony sounds beautiful!

We got engaged over the summer (family drama involved there a little bit–we both have elderly grandparents and wanted very much for them to share this moment with us; my grandmother passed only just over a month later so I was really happy we made this choice) and it’s exciting to have a date for the people who keep asking “so…when?!”.

Post # 5
43 posts
Newbee

Dec. 24, 2011!!!  My parents said the same thing, bad time for a wedding, especially in Puerto Rico, where we have tons of family, and they get together for xmas eve blah blah blah.  But i’m happy with it.  we’re having the ceremony on the beach, and the 6 hour long reception will be a kick ass traditional puerto rican xmas party!  with live music, and 200 guests,, tons of food, it’ll be so much fun.  I do want men in guayaberas, which is a type of shirt older hispanic gentlemen wear, and everyone is to be in white and or beige.  very light, very clean, very fresh.  on a warm puerto rican night, that sounds perfect to me!!!

Congrats to my other Dec. 2011 brides! 

Post # 6
599 posts
Busy bee

We are doing 12/31/11 πŸ™‚

Post # 7
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@BunnyBrideToBe: We have the exact same wedding date!! I’m 12/03/11 also! πŸ™‚ What colors are you going with?

Post # 8
23 posts
Newbee

We set our date of December 2, 2011 and are really excited.  Our colors are ice blue, silver and white with snowflake/icy accents. Im a planner type person so the venue is booked, video, photographer, harpist and DJ as well as our honeymoon to Antigua.  I know its early but we knew what we wanted so I rather get things out of the way and put deposits down so it gives us enough time to save and not be as stressed.  I found booking ahead of time too and being off season here in New England we were able to get some great deals.

Post # 9
1205 posts
Bumble bee

@beckiesue: whoops! I didn’t see this post until today…but with a board this slow maybe 3 days isn’t too bad πŸ™‚  So far I’m thinking primarily ivory for my color–I’ve waffled back & forth on maybe touches of silver and/or red, but I think it’ll pretty much be ivory on ivory for everything.  We’re really trying for that snowy, elegant, cozy, classic winter wedding feel.  I grew up in New England and have always wanted a winter wedding, so I hope it works out!  Have you chosen yet?

Post # 10
23 posts
Newbee

Bunny Im also in MA on the south shore where are you getting married? We are doing the winter wonderland theme of ice blue, silver, white with snowflake accents.  I thought it was great colors for new england but staying away from the xmas feel.

Post # 11
1205 posts
Bumble bee

@kjanet2001: Sounds beautiful!  We’re getting married at the Wesson Estate in Northborough, MA–suburbs of Boston πŸ™‚  Have you picked your venue yet?  We’re not doing a church, so ceremony & reception are both at the same place, separated by a cocktail hour in the drawing rooms and library downstairs (our ballroom is upstairs).

I love the sound of snowflake accents…I’ve been thinking about putting something snowflakey/glittery on the Save the Dates since we’re planning on sending those around Christmastime this year.  I am also leery of the Christmas feel. Not that I don’t love Christmas (I do!) but I want my wedding to be a wedding, not a Christmas party!  We are big on Christmas in my family and FI’s fam is even bigger, so I really have to pay attention to keep the wedding separate!

Post # 12
23 posts
Newbee

We are getting married at the Villa in East Bridgewater MA.  The ceremony is also at the same site in front of a fireplace then moving to the ballroom and cocktail area.

I 100% agree with you in regards to xmas, I feel the same way and love the holidays as well. Everyone loves our color choices and ideas.  We are doing a hot chocolate to go station as people leave as a nice winter touch πŸ˜‰  Good luck with the planning

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee

This is my first post!  I’m happy to see some other December 2011 brides! My date is set for December 2 as well.  So far we’ve only just booked a venue.  So far the colors might be red, ivory or champagne, and black.

Post # 14
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Oops I haven’t been in touch with this thread! I’m happy to see other Dec 2011 brides!

@kjanet2001: I LOVE the hot chocolate idea! That is perfect!

@BunnyBrideToBe: I haven’t chosen yet… but I am going for that same feel that you are. I’m playing with the idea of using a super dark red. I love that color, but I’m also liking the frosty blue, white, and silver idea… decisions decisions!

Post # 15
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

i’m sooo excited to be a december bride!

my family wasn’t overly amused but they said whatever makes me happy they’re okay with πŸ™‚

our date is december 16, 2011!!

as for colors were doing a peacock themed wedding! but mostly just accesorizing with the different colors- turquoise, blue, jade and purple with touches of gold!

Post # 16
9 posts
Newbee

I am also a December 2011 bride, we are doing 12/11/11, b/c we couldn’t do a 11/11/11. I’m so excited, finally secured the venue!

The topic ‘dec 2011 brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors