(Closed) Dec 2012 ladies: STDs and Invites!

posted 6 years ago in December 2012
Post # 3
664 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

My wedding is also in December and while I have the STD, they have not been sent out yet, and probably will not be until AT LEAST next weekend.  SO and I have been so busy with (other people’s) weddings, work, travel, etc. that we have not had time to send them out.  Our goal is to get them out by the 7 months to go mark.

Post # 4
3303 posts
Sugar bee

I am sending mine out in August, right after FSIL’s wedding.

Post # 5
1213 posts
Bumble bee

We sent our Save-The-Date Cards about 2 weeks ago, we wanted to give people plenty of time to arrange to have the Monday off work if need be, and their travel/accommodation. We are DIY letterpressing our invites and probably won’t send them until mid October, about 7 weeks out. 

Post # 6
1304 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Invitations should be sent 8-10 weeks before the wedding, maybe 12 weeks if it’s a destination wedding or has otherwise complicated logistics.

Post # 8
902 posts
Busy bee

I am not doing Save-The-Dates (never even knew about them until I joined this site haha).  I haven’t even found invitations yet.. I looked online at several sites but they are just going to cost more than I am wanting to spend so I am hoping to find a good DIY kit where I can just use my own fonts and computer.

But I was wondering how long before sending out the invitations (we’re not doing RSVP either).

Post # 10
902 posts
Busy bee

Those are exactly like what I was trying to create in my photoshop (but laptop crashed and had to reformat so bye bye photoshop …)

I seen simliar to these but they didnt have any special things going on.  I really like these!  Thanks for the link!

I’ve never been to JoAnn’s.  They just built one about 30 mins from where I live and my aunt says its nice and pretty reasonable.  I’ll have to check it out 😀

Post # 11
359 posts
Helper bee

We sent our save the dates a few weeks ago, and invites, ummmmm probably 2 months or so. I haven’t looked too much into when yet, just looking at ideas of what we’ll send.

The invites above a couple of my girlfriends used for their weddings. One of my friends ordered some parts and printed some stuff herself and we made them all. It only took a day with all the girls together and they looked great!

Post # 12
1213 posts
Bumble bee

Our RSVP date is November 16th. Caterer needs final numbers one week out. We don’t plan to chase RSVPs too much. If you don’t reply, you go down as a no!

Post # 13
287 posts
Helper bee

Our wedding is weird. We’re having a wedding in Minnesota and then We are renewing our vows 2 days later in vegas for his family and friends that live in California that can’t physically/financially make it to MN that would like to see some type of commitment ceremony (mostly his dad and his grandma). So we are ONLY sending STD’s in the same envelope as the regular wedding invites to those people in California. We’re sending them out the end of august with our regular invites.

Post # 15
915 posts
Busy bee

We sent our STD’s out in January and I am working on our invites now and plan on sending them out the first week of September. We put our RSVP date for November 21st. I can’t wait to get a final count, I feel like there’s a lot that depends on that number and I hate not knowing! 

Post # 16
287 posts
Helper bee

@Missloveknot:  LOL! head counts are a MUTHA! I had NO idea how much they would STRESS you out! I keep going back to the numbers playing out adult/kid ratios and table set ups. I want a number NOW. lol

The topic ‘Dec 2012 ladies: STDs and Invites!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors