(Closed) December 2010 Brides Where are you in planning

posted 8 years ago in December 2010
Post # 3
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I am sending mine out the first week of October as my RSVP date is December 1st. I figured this gives everyone about 8 weeks from the RSVP. Planning hasn’t been too bad so far. I’m using local vendors and vendors that are highly regarded so I think things will go well. I’m just excited to send out my invites. Cant wait for the fist RSVP.

Post # 4
1046 posts
Bumble bee

We’re also planning to send our invites out the first week of October. People have started asking about them and I’d like to get them out sooner but it’s just not going to happen.

We have catererng pretty much finalized, photography, florist (probably still another meeting with her, but she’s booked), makeup/hair, and hotel are all booked.

Our ceremony is pretty much not started at all and we need to meet with our officiant to work on that. We need to select readings and readers. We’re asking a friend to DJ but we actually haven’t gotten together to talk to him about that, so that’s one big thing we still need to do. I’m asking my BMs to pick out their own dresses which hasn’t been done yet, but the dresses are black so it shouldn’t be too difficult for those to be acquired. Lots of paper stuff left to do like menus, programs.

So, other than the ceremony, fairly minor things left to be done.

Post # 5
597 posts
Busy bee

We’re a little slower on our planning because we started planning late(this summer) but we have gotten a lot accomplished in short amount of time!

Sept.13th we finalize the menu with the caterer(tasting), so then I will order invitations(online), plan to mail them out as soon as I get them. I was going to mail them out the first week of October, but maybe sooner. 

Bridesmaid dresses, my dress, veil, shoes, all ordered…. 

Need to meet with church lady again to let her know we for sure want the organist for our Catholic wedding. 

DJ is hired…just need to select songs, etc….working on that;) Hotel block is booked. Bridal shower is planned by my Bridesmaid or Best Man.

Still need to contact: photographer(next on checklist), then cake, and florist……as well as a makeup artist.

Still need to pick out our readings and readers for our ceremony…we’re finishing our marriage prep class in a couple weeks. Need to get one more paper filled out by our parents for the church (its catholic). 

Mother in-law wants to deal with centerpieces she says.

I need to make a registry and book the honeymoon..I know, I know;)

Post # 6
541 posts
Busy bee

All the vendors are booked. We are designing the invites with the stationer and I need to contract the calligraphy artist (i have spokeb with them already). Menu meeting, cae tasting, Officiant meeting all scheduled for next month. Everyone’s dresses have arrived abd been picked up. Invites will go out the end of October.

Need to wor on he music and contact the band. Follow-up on the status of the block and finishe decor stuff. Haven’t decided what if any of the stationary items I will do, so gotta work on that as well.

Post # 7
159 posts
Blushing bee

Church booked, but priest doesnt want to meet w us (not sure why…), Reception/food – booked and planned.  Meeting with the reception place to go over decorations in 2 weeks.  Invitations ordered and received, found a place to print the names on the envelopes.  My dress is hanging in the closet (!), need dresses for bridesmaids.  Flowers – contract about to be signed.  Music for church and reception booked (guitar and jazz quartet).  Photog – contract signed.  Limos- price negotiated, waiting for contract.  Hair and makeup trials scheduled.  Honeymoon booked.  Invitations will go out Sept 30.  Looking for headband for me now.  I think everything’s under control.

Post # 9
16 posts
Newbee

Like several of you I have had a short engagement (since June). Sometimes it seems like too much time and others it seems like not enough!

I’m really glad my Mother-In-Law is doing a lot of the leg work for me in the wedding city. We still don’t have a lot of things finalized but its getting closer. Our big hurdle was making it through Engaged Encounter (done) and now we can move on to the actual planning. My Mother-In-Law is actually coming over very soon to help me order my dress (not going through a store in the states).

With less than 95 days until the wedding the “nightmares” are starting to be frequent. Hang in their ladies – we can make it!

Post # 10
4 posts
Wannabee

Also with a short engagement and a bun in the oven…  I feel very behind, but so far we have the ceremony/reception venue booked, meeting with photographer next Monday, narrowed down the invitations, narrowed down dress options for me.  Flower girls, bridesmaids and my dress will be ordered no later than 9/18.  Junior bridesmaid dress is ordered already.  This month I need an officiant, florist, order flowers for DIY tables, decor, flight for Mother-In-Law. 

Post # 11
597 posts
Busy bee

Aww, so glad to hear I am not the only one with a shorter planning time! One perk for that is that it is *supposed* to help keep the costs down…..haha 🙂

Post # 12
159 posts
Blushing bee

Made a lot of progress this week and weekend.  We finalized the guest list and printed all the envelopes with addresses.  My Fiance is making our iPod dance mix as I type.  We have a Jazz Quartet but I want to dance during their breaks.  Our limos are booked, we bought the flowergirl (stepdaughter’s) dress and shoes this weekend…on sale and then 20% off!!!  ($42 and EXACTLY what I wanted – and without the $250 price from a bridal shop).  We booked our hotel rooms for the night before and night of the wedding.  We have a few more things left to do:

1.  Cupcakes – I emailed a few bakeries – I’ve had 3 tell me that they are not interested due to the holiday  2.  Tablecloths – meeting with our venue next week to finalize 3. Mail invitations  – need to get them weighed first  4.  Favor boxes – we are going to have a ton of desserts so I think I will get boxes for everyone to take cupcakes home if they want.  5.  Bridesmaid/Stepdaughter’s dress – we’re going to AZ in a few weeks to shop with her. 

I am getting excited! 

The topic ‘December 2010 Brides Where are you in planning’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors