(Closed) December 2011 Brides! Update us on your planning progress

posted 7 years ago in December 2011
Post # 4
862 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@MM423: Same here… I was on a roll, then it has slowed down with finals coming up.  

In the past month I have finalized:

1) Venue with menu – rhyming ๐Ÿ™‚

2) Photographer

3) Cake

4) BOUGHT DRESS!!!  :)!!!!

5) Found Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses

6) Recieved Save-The-Date Cards and Invites (thank you vistaprint!!)

7) Had our engagement party last weekend and already sent out thank you’s!

8) Finalized arrangements with florist – have centerpieces and vase marbles

9) Created website and finalized registries

10) E-photos are done with postcards for people who would like pictures – also created an album on VP

Things I need to do:

1) SEND the Save-The-Date Cards … lol

2) Find a bilingual DJ

3) Get dress altered

4) Find bridal shoes

Whew – feels good to have it all typed out!!!  Anyone else?

ETA: I have reached color now!  woo hoo!!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
862 posts
Busy bee

@MM423: Yes – addresses are def a pain.  I printed out a template and sent it to FI’s mom.  Luckily that worked out great.  Sometimes there’s a language barrier with his family, so I was so thankful she took the reigns on that one!  Good luck getting everything out!  I also need to get stamps at some point.. lol.  Have you done that yet?

Post # 8
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I got so much done in the first few months – but I can’t believe it’s almost May!! I, too, have finals coming up for grad school, plus lots of travel for work, so it’ll just have to happen between all of that!

So far we have the church and officiant booked, venue, my dress ordered, DJ booked, photographer booked, bridesmaid dresses ordered, had tasting (including dinner/cake). Also had our engagement party. 

Still have to get our e-pictures done and subsequent save the dates as we’re going to do photo magnets! Have to figure out real or Etsy flowers, have to register, have to decide on our menu options, find shoes, select ceremony music/readings….and nail down all the addresses!!

It does feel good to get it all typed out!

Post # 9
34 posts
Newbee

Venue, Photographer / Videographer, Dress, Caterer, Musicians, Website, Registries…all done!  We just got our engagement pics back from the photog and will hopefully have our Save-The-Date Cards sent out soon!  I still need to work on flowers and cake.

Every time I check something off my list I think “surely we must be almost done by now!”  And then I discover 20 more things I need to do!  Wink

Post # 10
862 posts
Busy bee

@bamababy:  lol!!  Seriously… the more I check off, the more that’s added… how does that work?!  haha

Post # 11
604 posts
Busy bee

December 10th bride here!!

I’m pretty much done with booking all my vendors. Right now I’m in the hunt for my accesories, shoes, favor boxes, and all the extras… That should keep me busy for the next couple of months. I have the guest list, I already sent STD’s and my friend will be making the invitations. I haven’t decided on the Rehearsal dinner site. We have yet to buy the rings, and we are trying to decide on a honeymoon destination.

Post # 12
173 posts
Blushing bee

Aghhh – haven’t sent the Save-The-Date Cards yet (or even ordered them) and haven’t even gotten engagement photos yet. We really wanted to use our engagement photos for the Save-The-Date Cards … Should I just send out Save-The-Date Cards sans photos? What is the latest I could send them..? Anyone have any thoughts on this? 

Post # 13
794 posts
Busy bee

I went a little nuts with the planning.  We have all the vendors booked.  The std’s were sent out weeks ago and the invitations are printed.  I just have to cut and glue together the pockets.  My centerpiece parts are all bought and the pomanders are completed.  The favor boxes are also done.  Projects I am working on now are making the pew bows and trying to decide on when to do my 2nd hair and makeup trial.  My dress has been in my closet since Feb. and it is torturing me not to try it on everyweek!!  Honeymoon is also booked.  Only major thing we haven’t bought are the rings.  Good luck planning ladies!!

Post # 15
173 posts
Blushing bee

@MM423: That’s what I’ll shoot for. I am really hoping to get them out no later than 6 mos. out but I’m not sure that will work unless we do our e-photo session in the next week or so. The photographer is a friend…but we’re super busy and have conflicting schedules, so that it may be difficult…

Post # 16
16 posts
Newbee

@loveknows:We’re date twins! I’m getting married on the 10th as well and you have a lot more done than I do! We have our venue, church, photographer, and DJ booked. Just ordered my dress and took e-pics this weekend. Still have to do STD’s, bridesmaid dresses, invites, and any and all the other things! Yikes!

The topic ‘December 2011 Brides! Update us on your planning progress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors