(Closed) December 2012 Babies; Life after Baby!

posted 5 years ago in Babies
Post # 4
1471 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Yay! Technically, I’m a November Mama now, but I’m staying here.

LO’s birthdate:11/26/12

Original Due Date:12/1/12

C-section or Vaginal delivery:Vaginal, with an epidural

Best memory of Labor experience: Everyone kept telling me “he has so much hair!” but when I was finally able to see his head, I was like “He has so much hair!” Darling Husband laughed and said, “we told you,” but I couldn’t believe it. He still hasn’t lost it, either. Also, getting to hold him. That was pure magic.

Struggles or Triumphs thus far:

Struggles: breastfeeding was a huge struggle for the first 6 weeks, but we’re doing awesome now. The other struggle has been a recent illness. Little guy got RSV, complete with a trip to the ER (although we avoided a long-term hospital stay). He’s doing much better now, although we still have to deal with lots of congestion.

Trlumphs: Finally getting breastfeeding going well–I’m a new woman. Also, getting his sleep more-or-less under control. We co-sleep and he naps in his swing, but I feel good about the amount of sleep he is getting. I’ve also successfully begun to navigate working-from-home. 

I’m adding:

Favorite blogshttp://www.troublesometots.com/

And Recent picture of little one:

Post # 7
1471 posts
Bumble bee

@MARIE901:  Ah! So cute! (And thank you!)

I’m glad she got the shot. I’m glad my guy got it when he was 13 weeks instead of littler, that would be terrifying with a preemie.

Post # 9
1471 posts
Bumble bee

@MARIE901:  Mostly Stay-At-Home Mom, but I’m working part time. I get to work from home for now, and then this summer I’ll start going in. I’m basically job-splitting with my mom as a director of a non-profit, so when I’m working, she’s not and can watch little guy. It’s working out perfectly. It’s also super flexible, which is great.

Are you working?

Post # 11
181 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2009

@MARIE901:  What a cutieee pie!!! Aww, she’s adorable. So glad to hear she’s doing well and she’s all caught up. Thats a blessing.

@Jess1483:  Handsomeee fella! Glad to hear things have gotten better with the feeding.

LO’s birthdate: 12/18/2012

Original Due Date: 12/24/2012

C-section or Vaginal delivery: Csection. Baby did not feel like waiting an extra week. Her heart rate was declining and also there wasnt a lot of movement so they had to get her out.

Best memory of Labor experience: Hearing her cry for the first time! It was THE best!! I was sooo happy to finally meet her and it was so surreal that this lil person that had been in my tummy for nine months was FINALLY here! It was hands down the best moment ever!

Struggles or Triumphs thus far: We have been blessed with such a sweet girl. She had absolutely no issues with latching on. She latched on right away. She’s so sweet and doesnt fuss unnecessarily. The sleeping was a bit of a struggle at first but now she goes to be around 11:30pm and is up around 6.

Any other things you want to add!: We have the sweetest and most caring nanny, but i REALLLY wish i could be a Stay-At-Home Mom for atleast baby’s first year. I wish we could afford to do that, or i wish i lived in Canada for this reason.

A recent pic of my love bug!

Post # 12
1471 posts
Bumble bee

@BabyLove:  Aw, such a cutie! I’m so glad breastfeeding was easy for you! It was such a struggle for us and I wanted to give up so many times. Luckily, my mom and husband were both awesome supports. I wish it was easy for everyone 🙂

Post # 14
1660 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

LO’s birthdate: 12/4/12

Original Due Date: 12/5/12 or 12/7/12

C-section or Vaginal delivery: Vaginal. I finally got an epidural after about 30 hrs and had her 4 hours later after 1 hr of pushing! Her birth was a little scary, she didn’t cry right away and had an apgar of 4.

Best memory of Labor experience: When she finally stabilized and I got to hold her… she was just staring at me, so peacefully, and my mom said to her, “Aww, there’s your mommy!” It totally made me cry!

Struggles or Triumphs thus far: My husband has had serious mental health issues, so I have been taking care of Julia basically on my own. I’m not able to leave her with him ever and he’s not able to do anything to help. I don’t have family in the area either. That has been really hard. Breastfeeding hurt a lot at first and I’ve had some issues with supply, but I feel really good about the fact that she’s still had only breastmilk at this point. She’s growing a ton (25″) and gaining well too (14 lbs). I go to a great bf’ing support group once per week. Her sleep is pretty good now. She goes to bed between 7-9pm and gets up to go to daycare at 7 or 8, which usually one awakening to nurse. Not too bad.  She is a pretty easy going baby and she responding really well to shushing and her Sleep Sheep when she’s fussy. I am soooo lucky I get to be her mom.

Going to the pool last night (just let her put her feet in and splash):

Is anyone interested in starting a private Facebook group? It would be fun to compare notes and see more photos, etc. of our LO’s.

Post # 15
1471 posts
Bumble bee

@78h2o:  Aw. she is soooo sweet! I’m sorry to hear you are doing this with so little support. I don’t know what I’d do without my DH’s help (and my mom’s!) Glad she is easy-going and giving you sleep. My guy was doing great getting up 1-2 times a night, but after his cold, I think he’s making up ground, and we are up every 1.5 hours. Hopefully it’s a short term thing.

And yes! I think a private facebook group is a great idea. Do you want to start it, or would you like help?

Post # 16
1660 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Jess1483:  I’m not sure how to do it, but I imagine it’s not difficult. Have you done it before? If so, could you set it up? Otherwise, I’ll figure it out and do it…

OMG, every 1.5 hours? Man, that is just like the newborn phase! I hope that gets better soon, you poor thing!

The topic ‘December 2012 Babies; Life after Baby!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors