(Closed) December 2012 Babies Part 3!!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
1660 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Jess1483:  Thanks for starting up a new thread! How exciting that you’re starting on the nursery! We can’t do that yet because we’re hoping to move in the next couple months, but we’re going to start buying some baby things soon… We’re going to venture to Babies R Us later today to look at strollers and other big items… for some reason our dog really dislikes strollers (barks whenever she sees them when we’re on walks!), so we want to get one early so we can start doing some training/counterconditioning so that she’ll be okay with the stroller by the time baby arrives!

@MARIE901:  (From Part II) I really thought it was a boy in the beginning, but the last month or so I have really been feeling like it was a girl… However, at the beginning of the scan both hubby and I swore we saw boy parts, but it must have been the cord or something. We were both surprised when they said girl, but very happy. I would have been happy with either, but both Darling Husband and I really wanted to have at least one girl, so we’re glad that we’re having a girl as our first. I’m excited for your scan… only 9 days away now!  I did go shopping this morning, but just to a thrift store. I got two adorable dresses with original tags for $3 – can’t beat that! I already have a fair amount of girl clothing since when my sister was pregnant, she and my mom bought both boy and girl clothes (all stuff from Janie & Jack clearance, Kid-to-Kid, or thrift stores)… when my nephew was born, they sent all the girl clothes home with me in case my baby was a girl! So I already have a lot of stuff!

Post # 4
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Had my anatomy scan on Monday…my doc is a little spacey and said ” It’s a girrr….BOY” hahaha. The ultrasound tech confirmed it was very obvious it was a boy! YAY πŸ™‚

Post # 5
1660 posts
Bumble bee

@MarieDee86:  Yay! Congrats on your son!!!!

Okay, I can’t resist, I’m posting one of the cute little dresses I picked up at the thrift store this morning (it’s bigger, for 12-16mo, but I loved the colors and it was $1.25)!

Post # 7
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

@78h20 and @jess1483 – so jealous you  know what you’re having!!! not being able to shop for the little munchkin is SO hard!!!  That little dress is so cute!!!  There’s only so many ducky outfits I’m going to want on my little girl or guy.

My Darling Husband made a deal that I could buy outfits the month we’re due, so he could return whatever gender we can’t use πŸ™‚

@MarieDee86 – Congrats on your boy!!!  That is so exciting!!

Post # 8
1660 posts
Bumble bee

@mrsmjm:  Haha, I would lobby for being allowed to buy from places that have a 90-day return policy… or places like Kohls that have no deadline on returns as long as you have the receipt! πŸ™‚ Good for you though for being patient!

Post # 9
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Congrats ladies! We’re going to look at cribs today- hoping to take advantage of the 20% off coupons we have for Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby. I had to resist buying outfits at Marshall’s yesterday since I already have at least 15!  But I’m sure I’ll get more soon. πŸ˜‰

Post # 10
229 posts
Helper bee

@desertgirl: [From Part 2] Congrats on the boy! It’s a bummer she ruined your plan for the surprise but you can definitely still do a gender reveal if you and your hubby know! It’s still fun to the see the looks on everyone else’s face when you tell them.

Nothing new here…still battling morning nausea though I’m getting better at combatting it. The insane heat and humidity haven’t been helping either. Oh, and the cute little baby girl clothes have already started pouring in! Can’t wait for her to get here and fit into them!

Post # 11
1245 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@78h2o:  Sounds like you are all set for yor little princess πŸ™‚ I love that dress!

@Jess1483:  COngrats on starting the nursery. I think it’s a good idea to start on it early so you can figure out what you may need additional towards the end.

@MarieDee86:  Congrats on being Team Blue!

@mrsmjm:  Are you Team green? If so, I applaud you! I am so anxious to find out the gender of this baby, it’s almost sad πŸ™‚

@fancyfunction:  Yay for searching for a crib. I think that’ll be our toughest purchase.

Post # 12
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

hi all, just wanted to give an update from part 2. I had the results back from the 2nd trimester screening and everything looks great! my odds went up to 1/6500 so i’m very relieved!! No need to do the amnio πŸ™‚

I have my anatomy screening this afternoon, but we are staying team green for now!! πŸ™‚ Kinda jealous of everyone who knows! lol

has anyone else NOT felt the baby yet? I’m due Dec 28th so proba a couple of weeks behind everyone else, (17 weeks), and havent felt anything yet…

Post # 13
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@brklynmmbb:  I am also 17 weeks (due Dec 27) and I think I may have felt her kick once or twice, but still nothing 100% obvious or on a regular basis.  Hopefully soon I will fill her ALL the time.

I know my hubby and I are overachievers, but we have already started the nursery.  We wanted to put up wainscoting, so I knew we needed some time.  Now I have to pick out bedding so we can pick paint colors.  Is anyone else completely overwhelmed when looking/reading about cribs, bedding, bumpers, etc?? It makes me so scared.

We also bought our stroller, Britax B-ready.  For anyone interested in that stroller, for the month of July if you buy the stroller you can get either a car seat or bassinet FREE! I did a lot of reading, and decided the Britax Chaperone was the perfect car seat for us, so it worked out well.  Other than that, I haven’t bought anything for this sweet girl, but my Mother-In-Law has bought TONS…she is out of control.

Here is my 17 week bump picture…we do one each week, and the dog is always in the pictures πŸ™‚

Post # 14
1660 posts
Bumble bee

@kris1423:  Love the photo – you look great! We ordered the Britax B-Agile last night after going back and forth between it and the B-ready. With the deal they have going with the B-ready, it was only $40 more to get it and the carseat on Amazon vs. the B-agile, but in the end, we decided that we wanted to start with a lighter, smaller stroller. When we have our second, we’ll probably sell the B-agile and the get the B-ready. We also decided to start with the B-safe carseat, but the Chaperone looked good too.

I just started looking at nursery ideas and yeah, it’s overwhelming. Right now I am sort of loving this bedding:

I originally wanted a gender neutral nursery that could work for #2, but now that I know baby is a girl, it’s hard to resist something girlie! πŸ™‚

Post # 15
1245 posts
Bumble bee

@kris1423:  Super cute bump & picture πŸ™‚

Post # 16
1245 posts
Bumble bee

@78h2o:  I love the bedding! Where is it from? I haven’t fell in love with any bedding yet. Everything I’ve seen is just MEH. Would love some suggestions!

I haven’t looked at anything but cribs. Darling Husband & I won’t start buying big items until we find out the gender. 7 more days. So jealous of all you girls that have found out already!

The topic ‘December 2012 Babies Part 3!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors