(Closed) December 2012 Babies – Part 4

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 288
179 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Hi ladies, congrats to all the new moms! Wanted to let you know that Maddalena Ann made her debut at 7:30 last night! I woke up early that morning with cramps that quickly progressed to contractions. We got to the hospital around 2, got my epidural around 5 and started pushing at 6:15. All in all, a fairly easy and quick birth. We are so happy and she is just perfect to us!

Post # 289
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@piglet67:  Oh my goodness is Connor adorable! Seriously jealous of that hair! Hope you’re enjoying your time with him!

View original reply
@fancyfunction:  CONGRATS on Maddalena!!! Glad things went well for you! Can’t wait to see a picture!

Alright December ladies who is going to pull off the 12-12-12 baby?! You know someone in this group has to! And then name the baby Aaron (or Erin) after Aaron Rodgers since it is his Day after all. 😉

Post # 290
1327 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@fancyfunction:  Congratulations!!  Sounds like your birth went great!!  I can’t wait to hear the details and see pictures!

Post # 294
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@piglet67:  he is so cute! Congratulations. (: 

View original reply
@fancyfunction:  I am so jealous, it sounds like labor went well. Congratulations! (: 

as for us, not even 1 cm yet. I have been so week and uncomfortable but the end is in sight. I have been scheduled to be induced Monday night if she doesn’t make her debut before than. I am so nervous and excited, I am still hoping for her to come on her own, but excited either way. Less than one week before my baby girl is in my arms; God willing of course! (: 

Post # 295
132 posts
Blushing bee

So I had my last perinatologist appt this morning at 8am…haven’t left yet. they are guessing she’s like 10lb 2oz. She didn’t show her good breathing during the biophysical US so we had to stay for the non-stress test. Well during the NST there were these “dips” which usually indicate cord compression-could be baby kicking her cord or something. This of course requires further monitoring. I am now in labor and delivery getting monitored-could be like an hour more or all day…could even deliver today! Eek! That’s unlikely as no one seems real concerned about what’s going on-just need to monitor. DH was doing great at the appt until they said we have to go to L&D…now he’s pacing and on the verge of throwing up…I feel bad! I’ll keep you ladies posted…if all goes well it looks like c-section on Monday.

Post # 296
132 posts
Blushing bee

Update: I was released to go home as baby looked great once I was laying on my side-as I said, she’s a big baby! We are scheduled for a c-section on Monday at 4:15pm. I’m not on bed rest but they wanted me to go home rest lay down the rest of the day. I can finish out my last day tomorrow though.

Hope everyone is well!

Post # 297
2670 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 1999

@Milwaukeebride:  Glad everything turned out ok today. Good luck on Monday!

Post # 298
132 posts
Blushing bee

@ieatunicorns:  Thanks!

After scheduling the c-section I started doing a bit more research about c-sections and the recovery and all of that. I am confident in our decision (backed by OB, perinatologist, and many nurses) but obviously still anxious as I’m approaching what every article I read calls “a major abdominal surgery”. Anyway, I came across this blog from a doula about the courage it takes to have a c-section and it really made me feel even better about my decision. I am sharing it here because I know many of the ladies here who ended up having c-sections were disappointed (maybe even with themselves) that they ended up delivering that way and I hope this blog resonates with you the way it did with me. And I thought it great coming from a doula! http://avital.blogspot.com/2011/01/cesarean-courage.html?m=1

Today is my last day of work until March! 🙂

Post # 299
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@Milwaukeebride:  thanks for that! as a mama who is struggling with our scheduled c section…i needed to read that! it is nice to know that people don’t look down upon us or we are not considered failures because things happen, and c sections are needed.  best of luck on monday, I will be thinking about you! mine is scheduled for thursday…and i can’t wait to see this angel!

Post # 301
179 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@TravelingBrit:  I am so sorry to hear you’re not feeling well – hoping someone has some insight for you and that you’re feeling well soon.

Also good luck to all of the ladies waiting for their babies to come!

As I said, I was incredibly blessed to have a relatively easy labor. I got to the hospital around 2 at 3-4cm and the epidural was placed at 5. Shortly after, my dr. checked me and said I was just about 10cm and could start pushing at 6pm. She was born at 7:30. Recovery has been going well and we brought her home yesterday. She doesn’t like sleeping in the crib yet so we’re improvising between the carseat and pack and play. Here’s one of my favorite pictures of Maddalena – love this kid!  🙂

Post # 302
132 posts
Blushing bee

@fancyfunction:  She is adorable!!! Congrats again on a cutie pie!

View original reply
@kris1423:  I’m glad that it gave you the same “pick me up” that I got from it. After reading it I was like, “Damn, I AM brave for doing that!” Definitely confirmed my decision for me.

View original reply
@TravelingBrit:  I’m sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience! My biggest concern is obviously the recovery. I’m actually surprised and feel better hearing that you had a hard time for only 3-4 days but are now actually feeling like yourself already. I know surgical pain will be rough but I was more concerned it would be lasting like 2 weeks, which who knows, it still could! I’m sort of concerned of how Christmas will go with the families while I’m recovering but obviously they are family and understand! Can I ask why you feel like the scheduled c-section would be so much better-from an emotional standpoint or physical standpoint are you thinking? I can see it being very scary having to rush into a c-section without being prepared for it but I also know the procedure can be a bit different as well. I hope things start turning around for you soon and remember how brave you are for what you went through to have your little one!

The topic ‘December 2012 Babies – Part 4’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors