(Closed) December 2012 Babies – Part 4

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 303
1327 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@Milwaukeebride: 

View original reply
@kris1423:  Wishing you two the best in your upcoming C-sections.  In the end you will have your beautiful babies. 

View original reply
@fancyfunction:  What a sweetie!  Congratulations!  Wow, sounds like your labor was pretty easy.  That is great!!  I love her name!

Post # 305
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@TravelingBrit:  Thank you so much for sharing your story! I’m sorry you had such a scary experience-I can’t imagine having to go through what you did! I am incredibly thankful that my OB talked me through the process of what is going to happen on Monday during the procedure. I was grateful that she warned me that I will not get to really see my baby right away-she said they would hold her up over the screen so I can catch a glimpse of her and then immediately take her to the warming table and I’ll be hearing everyone say how perfect and beautiful she is but I won’t be able to see her. I’m also thankful that I will not only have my DH with me, but my best friend so that she can stay with me while my DH goes with our baby. At this point DH doesn’t think he can actually start in the OR with me-he thinks he’ll be too much of a wreck and is deciding whether he will come in to the OR to see the baby or wait until she is brought out to him-he really doesn’t do well in hospitals. I think he’ll surprise himself once this little one comes out. She did warn me that if I lost too much blood they’d have to do a blood transfusion. Also, that is one thing I have read over and over-TAKE THE PAIN MEDS, don’t try to be a hero. So I plan on that-though I don’t do well with Percocet so I’ll have to go on something else. Also after reading your birth story I do have to admit it is going to be a weird feeling that you can kind of feel the pulling it sounds like but not pain during the procedure-it seems like a surreal feeling. I really do appreciate all your candor and feedback. I hope your recovery goes well!

Post # 306
152 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I went in for my induction at the hospital at 6am on Tuesday. It was a long labor to say the least. I was at 2cm when they started the process. It wasn’t until 9:17 that night when the baby was finally born.

Post # 307
132 posts
Blushing bee

@Moderate Mouse:  Congrats!!! Can’t wait to hear more details and see pictures!!

Heading to the hospital at 1:30pm today for my 4:15pm c-section! I’ll update you ladies later!! See you on the other side!

Post # 308
179 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@Moderate Mouse:  Congrats! Can’t wait to hear more.

View original reply
@Milwaukeebride:  Good luck today!

Anyone else feeling upper back pain (like right below the neck)? I think it’s from the constant bending, hunching and picking up a 7 lb. baby. Let’s face it, this is not something I’ve ever done on a regular basis before.

Post # 309
1096 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@Milwaukeebride:  Good luck!

View original reply
@fancyfunction:  I had some early on–maybe the first week post-partum, and some pretty nasty itchy skin on my back, I think from being in the hospital bed so much. Pierce turns 3 weeks old today and I am actually feeling about 100%, except if I’m a little too active during the day, and then I have a little soreness.

I am having a terrible time with breastfeeding…it’s been a rough road. I refuse to give up, but I’m really struggling. I’m going to a LLL meeting tonight and have (another) appt with a lactation consultant tomorrow, so here’s hoping for some improvement. It’s gotten better, but it’s like, 2 steps forward, 1 step back constantly. Just when I think we’re getting the hang of it, we slide back. 

I also got pooped on 3 times last night…it’s been a long day and it’s only 10:45 a.m… But I sure love that little boy πŸ™‚

Post # 312
179 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@Jess1483:  Thanks – she’ll be a week old tomorrow so I figured this was normal.

Post # 313
1221 posts
Bumble bee

@BlueMirrorEye:  Can’t wait to hear your birth story! Congrats!

View original reply
@piglet67:  Congrats! Love the name Conner… he’s such a cutie!

View original reply
@fancyfunction:  I’m so jealous of your quick birth! Congratulations on your sweet baby! My upper back has been sore, I think because I was originally tensing a lot while breastfeeding when it was really painful.

View original reply
@TravelingBrit:  So sorry to hear about the emergency c-section. πŸ™ That really sucks, especially after laboring for so long πŸ™ I’m glad that at least you and the baby are doing okay now. Can’t wait to see pics!

View original reply
@Jess1483:  Sorry to hear you’re having a hard time with breastfeeding. πŸ™ What kind of issues are you having? I’ve heard the website kellymom is supposed to be helpful… have you heard of it? I hope the LLL and lactation consultant can help you. I am going to a 2x per week breastfeeding support group and so far it is very helpful. I am lucky to have a baby with a great latch, though she applied so much suction that my nipples were all blistered the first week and I got mastitis… The lactation consultants have said there’s nothing I can do about it. Things are much better now though. Hang in there!!!

View original reply
Milwaukeebride:  Thinking about you – hope the delivery went smoothly!

View original reply
@Moderate Mouse:  Congrats! Can’t wait to see photos!

View original reply
@MarieDee86:  What a cutie! Sorry about the 24 hours of labor (I feel your pain, mine took 34!) and emergency D&C!

I keep meaning to write my baby’s birth story, but for now, here’s a photo of her taken a few days ago.

!

Julia Catherine N. – born 12/4/12 at 2:33am πŸ™‚ 8 lb, 12 oz. 22 inches.

Today, at her 2 week appointment, she was 9 lbs 8 oz and 23 inches! I can’t believe how fast she’s growing!

Post # 314
1096 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@TravelingBrit:  

View original reply
@78h2o:  Mostly issues with his latch. It was so bad I was bleeding terribly and in total pain, so I ended up pumping for a few days and bottle feeding. It didn’t cause nipple confusion, but it also means we lost that time and didn’t fix it earlier. It is getting better, and the LLL meeting helped today, so hopefully we are on the upward swing. The first week and a half I didn’t really have any problems, and then all of a sudden it got really terrible. But we’re making our way back. Now his latch on the left side is good, he won’t latch well on the right, and I’m overproducing like whoa, so he is drowning while I feed him. So now I’m pumping out a bit to get through the letdown before he feeds, which is helping. 

Also, your little one is adorable! So sweet πŸ™‚

Post # 315
132 posts
Blushing bee

@78h2o:  she’s beautiful!!

Well we introduced Parker Kilpatrick to the world today at 4:36pm!!! She is 9lbs 8oz and 20.5″ long. Everything went well! My belly is sore and I’m so tired, but having a hard time getting fully to sleep right now. I’ll write up a bit of a birth story tomorrow. Here she is: sorry for the huge picture.

Post # 316
1081 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@78h2o:  congrats on your sweet baby girl!!! soo happy for you!

Post # 317
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Congrats to all of you new mamas!  I love seeing all the babies.  They are so beautiful, and I am so thrilled for all of you!!! 

It seems like everyone’s experience with L&D is so different.  I hope you’re all recovering well.

I’ve been lurking and quiet.  I’m officially 39 weeks and in a funk.  This baby is showing no signs of wanting to come out, and I know it sounds silly because I’m not 40 weeks yet, but I really, really, really wanted to have the baby before Christmas…I just really wanted to be sitting in front of our tree with our little one.  So now I’m just generally down.  I feel like this baby is happy to hang out in my belly forever!!!

At my last appt there was not change in effacement/dilation from 37 weeks.  I’m not even going to have them check this week, because it is so uncomfortable, and if there’s no change again I’ll probably start bawling in the doctor’s office.

We’re going to talk about induction dates at my upcoming appt.  They’ll induce at 41 weeks.  I know it’s still two weeks away, but this little one is giving no signs that he/she wants to leave.

I. am. bummed. 

It’s getting incredibly difficult to keep going to work every day.  I am so uncomfortable.  My back is killing me, my feet are so swollen I don’t have any shoes that really fit, my maternity pants are too small…I actually split a pair last week.  The panel ripped right in half. LOL.  I think I’m going to make next Friday my last day.  Having that date set will give me something to look forward to during this horrible wait!!!  My husband really wants me to make that my last day and just stay home to relax, too.

OK, vent over.

By The Way – love hearing about the breastfeeding!  I am so scared about how that will go!  Good to know what challenges I could face.  Good luck with everything!!!

The topic ‘December 2012 Babies – Part 4’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors