(Closed) December 2012 Babies – Part 4

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 318
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@78h2o:  she is adorable! can’t wait to hear the birth story! 

View original reply
@Milwaukeebride:  congrats mama! so glad your surgery went well, parker is beautiful

View original reply
@mrsmjm:  try to keep your head up, you will have that baby in your arms soon! i bet having your last day of work scheduled will help.  i am officially out of clothes to wear too.  all my work maternity pants are too small.  i’m wearing jeans today and technically i am in a no jeans workplace….what are they gonna do??

the anxiety has really started to kick in for me.  2 days until our c section.  in some ways, i want to relax and enjoy every moment, in others i just want for it to be here so I can meet this baby.  i keep hoping she will decide to pick her own birthday, while i have come to terms with my need for the c section, i still hate choosing her birthday for her…

Post # 319
1327 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@Moderate Mouse:  Congratulations!!  I can’t wait to see the pictures! : )

Post # 320
1327 posts
Bumble bee

@78h2o:  What a sweetie!!  Looking forward to hearing your birth story.

View original reply
@Milwaukeebride:  Aww!!  She’s so cute!!  Congrats!!

View original reply
@mrsmjm:  Yeah, I feel you on not wanting the baby to be late.  I’m 38 weeks and my baby has not dropped and there is not dialation.  The doctor did say my cervix is soft but I’m not sure that means anything.  He wants to see me next week and talked about making an appt for induction.  I really want to have this baby on my own and to labor at home.  Also, I really wanted the baby to be born this year because of insurance and tax reasons.  I will have to pay at least $4000 more if I have him next year.  Oh well if it happens.  I guess that is why they say labor is unpredictable.

View original reply
@kris1423: Good luck on your C-section!  So exciting that you will meet you baby soon!

I’m so happy for you new mamas!! I love all the pictures and stories as well.  I’m hoping my baby will be on time but I’m not making much progress yet.  Baby has not dropped and no dialation.  Did any of you mamas experience that and still go into labor on time?

Post # 321
951 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hey ladies! I’ve been MIA, but have been keeping up with everyone! Congrats to everyone who had their sweet little angels & I hope the ones waiting have very easy labor & Deliveries! Life is great! Kenzie only spent 10 days in the NICU, and the day we brought her home, DH & I were so thrilled & cried tears of joy! Life is busy, but it’s all so worth it. I’m so blessed & motherhood is the best thing. Hope everyone is well 🙂

she’ll be 5 weeks old tomorrow! Time flies!

Post # 322
691 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

@78h2o:  Squeal!!  I’ve been thinking about you and just waiting to see something posted!  She’s so precious.  That hair!  You’ll be able to put little pigtails in it so soon!  And I see you decided on the name Julia.  Such a beautiful name.  You couldn’t go wrong with either of your choices, but I do love how Julia Catherine is such a timeless, lovely name.  I’m SO happy for you and can’t wait to read more updates! 

Post # 323
691 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

@MARIE901:  Hey there!  I don’t think I’ve congratulated you yet, but I did hear you had your baby and I’m so happy for you!  I need to go back and read more to catch up, but you had her pretty early right?  I’m very happy she’s home!  Congrats Mama!

Post # 324
1096 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Ladies, I am feeling sooo much better after my appointment with the lactation consultant. She did a physical exam, watched us feed, and told me that although he doesn’t have an obvious tongue-tie, he does have some anatomical difficulties, and that’s why he can’t latch correctly. She suggested and fitted me for a nipple shield, and we were able to do the best feed yet. She also said I’m probably overproducing, and that he is getting some foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. 

While I’m not glad he has these difficulties, I feel a million times better knowing it isn’t my fault, and that I’m not doing anything wrong. The nipple shield helps a ton, and she really calmed down my fears about using one. 

All of which is to say, if you’re having difficulties, go see a consultant–so helpful!

Post # 325
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

@kris1423 – good luck with your c-section!  It may not be what you wanted, but in a two days you’ll be holding your little one!  so exciting!

@desertgirl – yeah, mine is “soft”, too.  But it’s not giving me much hope!  On Thursday we’ll talk induction dates.  I think just getting a date down will make me feel better, and hopefully the LO will come on his/her own in the meantime.  I totally hear you about the taxes.  We REALLY want this baby to at least come before New Years.  We figured out that come tax time we would get back about a third of the cost to have some home repairs that we desperately need done.  Please, baby, please listen to mommy and come out!!

I had a few big contractions today that I got all excited about…and then nothing.  Again.  This is about the 4th time this has happened.  I am so over it!!!

Post # 326
951 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@cafegirl:  thanks!! Yes, I had her early at 34w5d. But she is healthy & happy, so we can’t ask for much more 🙂

Post # 327
1327 posts
Bumble bee

@MARIE901:  Hi!!  Glad to hear everything is going good for you and your LO!!

View original reply
@mrsmjm:  Yeah, I had some contractions the other night and then they went away.  None today or yesterday.  I still have 9 days but I’m getting impatient!!

Post # 328
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Introducing Eli Michael born on his due date 12.15.12 after 22 hours of labor. He weighed 7 lbs 14 oz and 21.6 inches long. He’s such a sweet boy.. But refuses to sleep at all at night. We couldn’t imagine our lives without him. 

Post # 329
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

@PoliceWifeToBe  – congratulations! He is adorable!!!  I hope you’re both recovering well!!

@desertgirl – so annoying, right?  you get all excited and then it just stops.  LOL.  I get them a lot when we go on walks, so my dr. told me yesterday to keep walking, maybe it will start real labor.  I don’t know though…I walk until I’m so tired and still nothing happens!

I officially have 3 days of work left!  At the end of next week I’m scheduled to go in for testing, and will be induced after that if the LO hasn’t made an appearrance.  The doc stripped my membranes yesterday to try to get something going, but nothing so far!  I think this LO is quite happy where he/she is.

@Jess1483 – glad it’s going better!  Where did you find an LC?  Through the hospital?

Post # 331
1096 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@mrsmjm:  Yes, I worked with the lactation consultant from the hospital. We still are having some struggles, but it’s a ton better–yay!

We had a newborn shoot when Pierce was 8 days old. Here are a couple favorite photos.

Post # 332
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Sophie Lee was born December 19. We are in love! i will post details later. Merry Christmas (: 

The topic ‘December 2012 Babies – Part 4’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors